Author Topic: The Road to Restoring Our Republic  (Read 225 times)

Offline unknown

The Road to Restoring Our Republic
« on: September 18, 2016, 04:04:56 pm »

The Road to Restoring Our Republic

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2016/09/the_road_to_restoring_our_republic.html

Shelby Williams
September 17, 2016

Why do we have a government?  What is its purpose?

Our founding documents give us the reasons in plain English: to secure the unalienable rights of "Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness" (the Declaration of Independence) and "to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity" (the preamble to the Constitution of the United States).

However, appointing constitutionalists to the Supreme Court is not a panacea.  All too often, blatantly unconstitutional legislation is upheld by the Supreme Court in a 5-4 vote, and liberty suffers.  Electing Donald Trump will be an important step, but it is only the first.

{.. snip ..}

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)