Author Topic: Black voters are turning from Clinton to Trump in new poll  (Read 663 times)

Offline unknown

Black voters are turning from Clinton to Trump in new poll
« on: September 18, 2016, 03:33:28 pm »

Black voters are turning from Clinton to Trump in new poll

http://nypost.com/2016/09/18/black-voters-are-turning-from-clinton-to-trump-in-new-poll/

Mary Kay Linge
September 18, 2016

Donald Trump is gaining support among African-American voters — whose enthusiasm for Hillary Clinton is eroding, a tracking poll released Saturday revealed.

Trump saw a 16.5 percentage-point increase in backing from African-American voters in a Los Angeles Times/University of Southern California tracking poll, up from 3.1 percent on Sept. 10 to 19.6 percent through Friday.

Meanwhile, the same poll showed Clinton’s support among that group plummeting from 90.4 percent on Sept. 10 to 71.4 percent.

{.. snip ..}

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Black voters are turning from Clinton to Trump in new poll
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2016, 03:49:51 pm »
I've seen that LA Times poll, and I think it's an outlier. No other poll puts Trump 6 points ahead of Hillary.

Offline Axel

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2016, 04:35:53 pm »
I've seen that LA Times poll, and I think it's an outlier. No other poll puts Trump 6 points ahead of Hillary.

The LA Times poll may have oversampled Trump supporters, but it can still provide useful insight. If I remember correctly, it is a longitudinal poll, so it repeatedly polls the same group over time. It might be off by a few points, but does a better job of showing how the race is evolving over time and who has momentum.
"The Gutter Rat's going to continue to trash Romney, and Romney's going to tell the country why he should be president.

And Romney is going to win" - Sinkspur's incredible insight into the 2012 election

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2016, 04:44:17 pm »
This LA Times poll is turning into Rasmussen.  Oversampling Trump supporters and getting some outrageous number for black support.  No other poll has Trump support among blacks higher than single digits.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

HonestJohn

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2016, 06:45:28 pm »
This LA Times poll is turning into Rasmussen.  Oversampling Trump supporters and getting some outrageous number for black support.  No other poll has Trump support among blacks higher than single digits.

Wasn't this the same poll that said African-American support jumped from 3% to 14%... a few weeks ago?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 08:36:19 pm by HonestJohn »

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2016, 07:21:03 pm »

LA times new poll shows Trump with +6.7 over HRC which is pretty amazing. Could be outlier but even outliers contain some truth.