Author Topic: Sally Kohn: It’s ‘Good’ If Conservatives Feel Unable To Speak On Campus  (Read 1857 times)

rangerrebew

Sally Kohn: It’s ‘Good’ If Conservatives Feel Unable To Speak On Campus
Photo of Blake Neff
Blake Neff
Reporter
10:40 AM 09/17/2016

Sally Kohn attends The Women   Sally Kohn attends The Women's Media Center 2015 Women's Media Awards (Getty Images)

CNN contributor and progressive activist Sally Kohn criticized free speech advocacy during a Friday debate at the University of Missouri (MU), saying such advocacy was really just an excuse for attacking multiculturalism and other progressive attitudes.

Kohn was at MU as part of a two-day symposium on the topic of campus free speech. Kohn’s event was a debate with fellow CNN contributor Kirsten Powers, in which the two clashed about whether recent campus trends have been harmful to free expression. (RELATED: DePaul Protesters Halt Milo Yiannopoulos Speech)

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/09/17/sally-kohn-its-good-if-conservatives-feel-unable-to-speak-on-campus/#ixzz4KbgBkxy5

Offline hiram1950

It's been official for a long time. Free Speech is a racist dog whistle.

Oceander

Liberals seem to have forgotten one of the fundamental rules of life:  what goes around, comes around.

Online andy58-in-nh

Absent the rule of law and the guidance of human virtue, it is but a brief step from demonizing to criminalizing one's political enemies.

Today's "Democrats" would do it in a heartbeat if they thought they could get away with it.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline goatprairie

American libs/leftists envy European countries where you can be thrown into prison for saying politically incorrect things....like you don't like Muslims. Europeans, who brag about their low rates of violence, are actually further along the road to fascism than America.
Of course, since American libs/leftists strive mightily to recreate what happens in Europe, I wouldn't bet against European-type efforts to punish free speakers/thinkers on this side of the Atlantic. Mark Steyn narrowly avoided a prison sentence in Canada for speaking his mind about Islam.  Don't say it can't happen here because it can.
Religious people are already being sanctioned for not being p.c. about homos. Sooner or later some liberal activist judge will rule that not openly advocating homosexuality is a crime. 

Online andy58-in-nh

American libs/leftists envy European countries where you can be thrown into prison for saying politically incorrect things....like you don't like Muslims. Europeans, who brag about their low rates of violence, are actually further along the road to fascism than America.
Of course, since American libs/leftists strive mightily to recreate what happens in Europe, I wouldn't bet against European-type efforts to punish free speakers/thinkers on this side of the Atlantic. Mark Steyn narrowly avoided a prison sentence in Canada for speaking his mind about Islam.  Don't say it can't happen here because it can.
Religious people are already being sanctioned for not being p.c. about homos. Sooner or later some liberal activist judge will rule that not openly advocating homosexuality is a crime.

The first assault will be on the 2nd Amendment. The second will be on the 1st.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Wingnut

Makes me want to drink a 5th on the 4th.

Online andy58-in-nh

Makes me want to drink a 5th on the 4th.

This year, I might drink a fifth on the 8th (of November).

Wingnut

This year, I might drink a fifth on the 8th (of November).

It is a given.  Either outcome is bender worthy.

Online mountaineer

Absent the rule of law and the guidance of human virtue, it is but a brief step from demonizing to criminalizing one's political enemies.

Today's "Democrats" would do it in a heartbeat if they thought they could get away with it.
Hasn't there been talk already of charging "manmade climate change" deniers with crimes?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online andy58-in-nh

Re: Sally Kohn: It’s ‘Good’ If Conservatives Feel Unable To Speak On Campus
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2016, 02:06:45 pm »
Hasn't there been talk already of charging "manmade climate change" deniers with crimes?
Yes. Our esteemed Attorney General has already weighed in on the matter:

http://dailysignal.com/2016/03/10/attorney-general-lynch-looking-into-prosecuting-climate-change-deniers/

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2016, 04:14:09 pm »
...Free Speech is a racist dog whistle.

I like that.  Should be a bumper sticker or T-shirt.

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2016, 08:49:24 pm »

Actually, the assault on the 1st is already underway:

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/204788-senate-democrats-plan-vote-to-reverse-citizens-united-decision
http://hotair.com/archives/2014/04/30/senate-dems-plan-vote-amending-the-first-amendment-to-curtail-criticis/

This didn't succeed, but don't ever doubt that the left is intent on repealing the 1st Amendment.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2016, 09:44:32 pm »
Wow, isn't going back to the Middle Ages fun?!?! Speak the politically correct liberal dogma or be branded a heretic! Will they go around in priestly robes at midnight with torches pulling people from their homes and burning them at the stake?
The Republic is lost.

Offline CSM

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2016, 05:31:58 pm »
Sally Kohn: It’s ‘Good’ If Conservatives Feel Unable To Speak On Campus
Photo of Blake Neff
Blake Neff
Reporter
10:40 AM 09/17/2016

Sally Kohn attends The Women   Sally Kohn attends The Women's Media Center 2015 Women's Media Awards (Getty Images)

CNN contributor and progressive activist Sally Kohn criticized free speech advocacy during a Friday debate at the University of Missouri (MU), saying such advocacy was really just an excuse for attacking multiculturalism and other progressive attitudes.

Kohn was at MU as part of a two-day symposium on the topic of campus free speech. Kohn’s event was a debate with fellow CNN contributor Kirsten Powers, in which the two clashed about whether recent campus trends have been harmful to free expression. (RELATED: DePaul Protesters Halt Milo Yiannopoulos Speech)

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/09/17/sally-kohn-its-good-if-conservatives-feel-unable-to-speak-on-campus/#ixzz4KbgBkxy5

Tyrants always advocate silencing their opponents.  Sally Khon is a tyrant.  They rarely stop with idle threats....

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2016, 06:21:22 pm »
Wow, isn't going back to the Middle Ages fun?!?! Speak the politically correct liberal dogma or be branded a heretic! Will they go around in priestly robes at midnight with torches pulling people from their homes and burning them at the stake?

Exactly.

Liberals always give their groups titles which are the exact opposite of what they do.

The American Civil Liberties Union is dedicated to the destruction of American culture, freedom, and liberty, unless it conforms to their very narrow fascistic agenda.

Planned Parenthood is all about ending parenthood.

And on like that.

Reading your post reminded me of this because what you wrote is why Liberals call themselves "Progressive". America as it is founded is a true progressive government. What the Liberals who call themselves 'Progressive' want is regressive. They want a return to dictators and fascism only with them calling all the shots and controlling everyone's life. You know, because they are so much smarter and better than us mere mortals.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

geronl

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2016, 07:05:53 pm »
Trump supporters want conservatives to be silenced too

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2016, 08:42:18 pm »
Liberals seem to have forgotten one of the fundamental rules of life:  what goes around, comes around.

Oceander - I dig your new avatar.   That's my favorite Tintin adventure.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide