Author Topic: Essential Reads for the 2016 Election  (Read 494 times)

Offline unknown

Essential Reads for the 2016 Election
« on: September 18, 2016, 04:31:41 am »

Essential Reads for the 2016 Election

Books every American should be familiar with before voting this November.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/264176/essential-reads-2016-election-thomas-sowell

September 14, 2016 
Thomas Sowell

Election year politics generates much rhetoric and confusion. And the media often adds its spin. But, fortunately, there are some books around that deal with reality and can cut through the nonsense. Most of these books were not written during this election year, but what they presented can be very eye-opening on the issues raised by politicians this year.

So does another book on that subject: "Who's the Fairest of Them All?" by Stephen Moore. It was written four years ago, but it has a special relevance this year because Stephen Moore is now one of Donald Trump's economic advisors. That is one of the very few hopeful signs this election year.

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline unknown

Re: Essential Reads for the 2016 Election
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2016, 04:36:31 am »

I like Thomas Sowell.

I think G. Gordon Liddy used to call him "smartest man alive."

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline endicom

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2016, 05:43:30 am »
I wish they used his books in the public schools.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2016, 12:42:29 pm »

Released just after she died.