Author Topic: Donald Trump’s Anything-Goes Campaign Sets an Alarming Political Precedent  (Read 3212 times)

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Donald Trump’s Anything-Goes Campaign Sets an Alarming Political Precedent
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2016, 06:41:16 pm »
OK I am no fan of the NYTimes, but all of this needed to be said.  And it needs to be repeated over and over.  Just the fact that he is using his campaign as a means to promote his own business ventures is problem enough.  But oh no, there's more.
We do have choices, though. "Third" Party, stay home, or pick which of the crooked crooks is the least crooked crook (unless you want the most crooked crook, and figuring all that out could take another whole thread).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2016, 06:42:30 pm »
Creating an issue in which Obama might have been born in Africa is not de-legitimizing the President based on his actions in office.  It's based on false accusations on a biological matter.
More of a geographical matter, I think. We generally accept he was born. The question seems to be one of where, exactly, that happened.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Wingnut

« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2016, 06:47:42 pm »
Aligncare is a he?

I'm not sure.  The way he has been bitching and moaning you'd think he was on a prolonged menstrual cycle.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2016, 06:55:39 pm »
We're a degenerating culture and Trump is just a symptom.
Yes.

And everything written here fits Hillary Clinton to a tee as well, but of course this is the NYT.

HonestJohn

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2016, 06:55:52 pm »
More of a geographical matter, I think. We generally accept he was born. The question seems to be one of where, exactly, that happened.

Was he?  Was he born?  How do we know that?  Was there pictures?  How do we know they weren't photoshopped?  Is he even human?!?

AAAaaabughgleflurble!!!

(foams at mouth)

:tongue2:

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2016, 07:00:09 pm »
Was he?  Was he born?  How do we know that?  Was there pictures?  How do we know they weren't photoshopped?  Is he even human?!?

AAAaaabughgleflurble!!!

(foams at mouth)

:tongue2:
Those are all subjects for mass debate.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 07:00:48 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis