Author Topic: Even the haters admit ‘Donald Trump’s birther event is the greatest trick he’s ever pulled’  (Read 1586 times)

rangerrebew

Even the haters admit ‘Donald Trump’s birther event is the greatest trick he’s ever pulled’
September 16, 2016 | Carmine Sabia | Print Article   

The media may have been furious, but Donald Trump is basking in the glory of what observers are calling one of the most brilliant moves in political history.

The Republican presidential nominee gathered the media together to hear a “major announcement” from him on what he really thought about President Obama birthplace.

What happened next was that all three major cable news networks — Fox News, CNN and MSNBC — aired a live half-hour infomercial for Donald Trump with retired military brass and a gold star wife touting their endorsements of the candidate.

Read more: http://www.bizpacreview.com/2016/09/16/even-haters-admit-donald-trumps-birther-event-greatest-trick-hes-ever-pulled-391351#ixzz4KWO2fYD1

Offline bolobaby

Brilliant move?

Oh yeah - the press was hostile before. Now they will do their absolute best to air nothing of his live. They'll simply wait until they approve of the content afterwards and then edit it accordingly to ensure it does fit their narrative.

Were these endorsements really the time to pull this ace out of his sleeve?

Trump is an idiot. No one really gives a crap about the endorsement of these retired military endorsements. In fact, I bet 99% of the population can't give a single name of someone who endorsed him.

Oh, and just to put things into context, here's how, for example, The LA Times covered the event:

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-trump-obama-birth-20160916-snap-story.html

Headline: "Donald Trump finally concedes that President Obama was born in the U.S. after years of promoting conspiracy theory"

The military endorsements are not mentioned until 20 paragraphs into the article. In fact, they give more time to Donald using the announcement to showcase his new hotel. They also give more paragraphs to people calling Trump deplorable than to anything positive from the announcement.

This was hardly a political masterstroke.

How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Nuthin but a con and the media is in on it.

Offline sinkspur

Brilliant move?

Oh yeah - the press was hostile before. Now they will do their absolute best to air nothing of his live. They'll simply wait until they approve of the content afterwards and then edit it accordingly to ensure it does fit their narrative.

Were these endorsements really the time to pull this ace out of his sleeve?

Trump is an idiot. No one really gives a crap about the endorsement of these retired military endorsements. In fact, I bet 99% of the population can't give a single name of someone who endorsed him.

Oh, and just to put things into context, here's how, for example, The LA Times covered the event:

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-trump-obama-birth-20160916-snap-story.html

Headline: "Donald Trump finally concedes that President Obama was born in the U.S. after years of promoting conspiracy theory"

The military endorsements are not mentioned until 20 paragraphs into the article. In fact, they give more time to Donald using the announcement to showcase his new hotel. They also give more paragraphs to people calling Trump deplorable than to anything positive from the announcement.

This was hardly a political masterstroke.

Exactly.  And the thing Trump wanted most--news coverage of the tour of his hotel--didn't happen because the pool videographer erased the footage in retribution for Trump dissing the media. 

The media ALWAYS has the last word.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Oceander

"one of the most brilliant moves in political history"??  Are you effing kidding me?  Are you telling me that, for example, getting a left-of-center Democrat president to sign on to "ending welfare as we know it" in 1996 is simply kiddie play compared to an admission that, no, really, The Don was wrong all these years about Obama's place of birth?  That Reagan's defeat of the air traffic controllers' union was a mere twaddle in comparison to The Don's dog-n-pony show antics?  That Margaret Thatcher's defeat of UK Labor was an amateur failure by comparison?  That Reagan's defeat of the Soviet union through the bluff of SDI was a nothing, a bauble to be traded for trinkets by comparison?

You people are just effing unbelievable.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Yes, Ronald, I mean Donald, really hit it out of the park on this and it gives the MSM fits.

Journalist Says That Clinton Ally Blumenthal Once ‘Spread the Birther Rumor to Me’
by Josh Feldman | 3:55 pm, September 16th, 2016
http://www.mediaite.com/online/journalist-says-that-clinton-ally-blumenthal-once-spread-the-birther-rumor-to-me/

Offline aligncare

Tell me, what color is the sky in NeverTrumpLand?

Offline aligncare

Sorry, but this needs to be here, too.

Hear this #NeverTrump and reflect.

"Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury
Signifying nothing." - Macbeth (Act 5, Scene 5)

November 9, Election called for Donald J Trump:

And in that moment, the curtain shall close upon #NeverTrump; and it will have strutted its hour upon the stage and then...will be heard no more. 

@#NeverTrump
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 02:53:50 pm by aligncare »

Offline Cripplecreek

"one of the most brilliant moves in political history"??  Are you effing kidding me?  Are you telling me that, for example, getting a left-of-center Democrat president to sign on to "ending welfare as we know it" in 1996 is simply kiddie play compared to an admission that, no, really, The Don was wrong all these years about Obama's place of birth?  That Reagan's defeat of the air traffic controllers' union was a mere twaddle in comparison to The Don's dog-n-pony show antics?  That Margaret Thatcher's defeat of UK Labor was an amateur failure by comparison?  That Reagan's defeat of the Soviet union through the bluff of SDI was a nothing, a bauble to be traded for trinkets by comparison?

You just know that Trump's fans were waiting with baited breath for Trump to expose Obama's great secret just like they did 4 years ago.

And then they turn around and rightfully (for once) blame Clinton for starting it but that leads to questions about 4 years ago and why Trump used it then. More importantly it leads to questions about why they started the Birther crap with Ted Cruz.  Clinton didn't have anything to do with the Cruz birther crap.

And before anyone declares that only Trump was smart enough to figure out that Clinton started it with Obama, here is Ted Cruz setting the record straight with Katie Couric in 2015.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-2qdi2_HqM

« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 02:56:06 pm by Cripplecreek »

Offline Hoodat

And in that moment, the curtain shall close upon #NeverTrump; and it will have strutted its hour upon the stage and then...will be heard no more. 

Hardly.  Not even a Trump victory in November would persuade me to forfeit my integrity and my Conservative beliefs.  I am not willing to discard my Conservative voice simply because some politician promises to make the trains run on time.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline bolobaby

Tell me, what color is the sky in NeverTrumpLand?

What color is the sky in the sycophantic Trump-is-God land?

I've never seen a more sycophantic group of zombie supporters, willing to say anything their candidate does is the Yugest, Most Tremendous Move Ever (tm). You are seriously worse that Obama Zombies.

Do you faint at Trump rallies, too?
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline aligncare

Then, Hoo...may I suggest you join up with other disappointed and disgruntled Hillary voters on backwater websites for 24/7 bitch sessions. Might I suggest DU? I'm sure that it will more than adequately fill your leisure time needs.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 03:18:44 pm by aligncare »

Offline aligncare

Just a quick reminder to the reality challenged. Donald Trump is the presidential nominee of the republican party and is the only nominee for president in a position to stop the Democrats and their support for the criminal nominee, Hillary Clinton.

You may now return to your bitch session...

Offline aligncare

...oh, and your insults, too. I especially love those...

Carry on.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 03:23:07 pm by aligncare »

Offline bolobaby

...oh, and your insults, too. I especially love those...

Carry on.

Check your own posts first, hypocrite.

Oh, and Donald Trump may be the republican nominee, but this is the first time I can think of where we've had the choice between two NY liberals. The choice between Hillary and a Hillary supporter, donor, voter, and friend.

So, I don't care if you put the title "republican nominee" on Trump. He is what he is - and that is certainly NOT a conservative.

I don't even count myself a republican anymore. I don't align with The McConnells and Ryans of the world. Certainly not the Trumps. I'm a conservative, through and through.

You all are part of the liberal uniparty, nominating two birds of the same feather under different party titles.

Thanks for selling out conservatism.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 03:31:29 pm by bolobaby »
1. Trump is never wrong.

Offline sinkspur

Interesting.  Trump supporting amoral creeps are bragging about an article calling him an amoral creep.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline skeeter

I enjoyed his 'stunt'.

But I don't appreciate being called a 'hater', so it's a wash.

How come his supporters always manage to screw up a good thing.

Wingnut

I enjoyed his 'stunt'.

But I don't appreciate being called a 'hater', so it's a wash.

How come his supporters always manage to screw up a good thing.

It is how the trupanzee roll. Rude. Crude. Socially unexceptable.

Offline beandog

Sorry, but this needs to be here, too.

Hear this #NeverTrump and reflect.

"Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury
Signifying nothing." - Macbeth (Act 5, Scene 5)

@#NeverTrump
Are you kidding, that's when the real fun begins.

Offline beandog

Just a quick reminder to the reality challenged. Donald Trump is the presidential nominee of the republican party and is the only nominee for president in a position to stop the Democrats and their support for the criminal nominee, Hillary Clinton.

You may now return to your bitch session...

I find that very amusing coming from a tRumplette.  You guys do nothing but bitch, moan, whine and complain.  It's the one thing you excel at.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

This is why I search out your posts.  Brilliant and indisputable logic.

Offline Cripplecreek

Duncan Hunter did something similar back in 08 and it actually had a point.

The media was trying to force him out of the race with speculation that he was dropping out so he announced a press conference and gave them 24 hours to speculate. Then he held a press conference and announced that he wasn't dropping out of the race.