Author Topic: Kerry: Climate Change Skeptics Believe 'Extra Water is Just Going to Spill Over the Sides of a Flat Earth'  (Read 1493 times)

rangerrebew

Kerry: Climate Change Skeptics Believe 'Extra Water is Just Going to Spill Over the Sides of a Flat Earth'

(CNSNews.com) - Secretary of State John Kerry says, climate change skeptics believe that with “the melting of the ice and the rise of sea level, all that extra water is just going to spill over the sides of a flat Earth.”

Kerry made the comments Wednesday at the Global Fishing Watch reception in Washington, D.C.

Source URL: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/eric-scheiner/kerry-climate-change-skeptics-believe-extra-water-just-going-spill-over

rangerrebew

Not really.  I assume his *ss is as big as his mouth so all the extra water could be blown up there. :silly:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
"There's a crisis! Don't you dare pay any heed to any idiot who says otherwise. Do as I say now!"
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline LMAO

"There's a crisis! Don't you dare pay any heed to any idiot who says otherwise. Do as I say now!"

I'm not a climate change skeptic.

Climate has a long history of changing. Sometimes violently and abruptly. My skepticism comes from the idea that only government action(higher taxes and more central control) will save us from an event that happens naturally
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Axel

Amazing how the liberals get away with promoting conspiracy theories like "global warming", while pointing the finger at conservatives for being conspiracy theorists.
"The Gutter Rat's going to continue to trash Romney, and Romney's going to tell the country why he should be president.

And Romney is going to win" - Sinkspur's incredible insight into the 2012 election

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Climate has a long history of changing. Sometimes violently and abruptly. My skepticism comes from the idea that only government action(higher taxes and more central control) will save us from an event that happens naturally

:thumbsup:

Offline bolobaby

No. Not at all. We believe that the continents and islands will just float higher on the water, and so long as there aren't too many people moving to one side of any given island, it won't tip over.

Just like this democrat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cesSRfXqS1Q
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

HonestJohn

I've said this since the mid-2000s:

The big secret to ending the use of fossil fuels is...

...finding something better.  Or as good, but cheaper.

That's it.  It's not magic.

If climate change is the disaster that the left fears, they need to get to work finding something better than fossil fuels.  Heck, I don't think anyone on the right would be oppossed to researching for a better solution for pay, either.

And if something better/cheaper comes along, I'd hazard that we'd all switch willingly. 

---

An electric car that goes 500 miles/charge and recharges in 3-4 minutes that costs the same as a car today?  As electricity is cheaper than gas, I'd take one.

Or one that goes 1000 miles between fillups, takes 3-4 minutes to fillup, whose fuel is cheaper than gas... but costs $5,000 more?  I'd take it.

geronl

The ice in my water melted and I am waiting for the extra water to spill over the sides of the glass...

...still waiting....

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Kerry: Climate Change Skeptics Believe 'Extra Water is Just Going to Spill Over the Sides of a Flat Earth'

Speakin' o' "flatness":

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

(CNSNews.com) - Secretary of State John Kerry says, climate change skeptics believe that with “the melting of the ice and the rise of sea level, all that extra water is just going to spill over the sides of a flat Earth.”

Kerry made the comments Wednesday at the Global Fishing Watch reception in Washington, D.C.

Source URL: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/eric-scheiner/kerry-climate-change-skeptics-believe-extra-water-just-going-spill-over

Thank you, Swift Boat People.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

It's when you attribute climate change to SUV's that you get in trouble.  Nothing people can do here on earth can affect climate.

Once upon a time there were no Hawaiian Islands.  They arose from volcanic activity in the ocean and many of them have now disappeared.  Hopefully, Maui will be around for a while.

But if anyone thinks mankind in all his works had a dang thing to do with it, he's overestimating mankind.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
On the off chance that humans might be able to affect climate at all, we should be rooting for warmth. Colder climate eras are when humans have done poorly, warmer years we fare better.

In reality, we likely have as much effect on global climate as flea farts. We're just along for the ride.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Suppressed

The ice in my water melted and I am waiting for the extra water to spill over the sides of the glass...

...still waiting....

You'll have to keep waiting, as your ice is in isostatic eqilibrium, floating in the liquid like arctic ice.

...and unlike Antarctic ice, which is on land, not in isostatic equilibrium.  Pour meltwater into that full glass, and it will overflow.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline DB

I'd bet money that the climate genius Kerry doesn't even know that we are currently in an ICE AGE. It just happens to be an interglacial period within this current ice age. It has been much hotter and much colder for far longer periods of time than this latest interglacial period. Only about 13,000 years ago Canada and much of northern north America were covered with a couple miles thick of ice... Obviously there's been a lot of warming since then, all without man's help...

Right now antarctic ice is an all time record... The arctic had at least a couple of significant melts around a century ago long before man released all that CO2 so the current melt isn't that unusual.

Offline Smokin Joe

I'd bet money that the climate genius Kerry doesn't even know that we are currently in an ICE AGE. It just happens to be an interglacial period within this current ice age. It has been much hotter and much colder for far longer periods of time than this latest interglacial period. Only about 13,000 years ago Canada and much of northern north America were covered with a couple miles thick of ice... Obviously there's been a lot of warming since then, all without man's help...

Right now antarctic ice is an all time record... The arctic had at least a couple of significant melts around a century ago long before man released all that CO2 so the current melt isn't that unusual.
Maybe the Northwest Passage will open back up.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Meanwhile, Kerry thinks CO2 is magic pixie dust that is the explanation of all things happening in the world - from wars, famine, bridge collapses, earthquakes, meteors, little green men, to stubbing your toe and spilling your coffee.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 11:13:46 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline ConstitutionRose

So well said!
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline Lisbon1939

That applies to icebergs floating in the sea but not glaciers situated on land.

Offline Smokin Joe

That applies to icebergs floating in the sea but not glaciers situated on land.
Actually, I wonder how much water is bound in glaciers at present, and how much that volume would change sea levels if they all melted.

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Someone should tell the idiot that there is no such thing as "Extra Water"!  Every drop that was ever here still is with the exception of a minor drop or two that we have launched into space recently.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Night Hides Not

"Climate change" played a huge role in the French Revolution, only it was an extended period of cold weather that disrupted growing seasons, severely hampering the farming of wheat. In turn, the inflation in the price of bread wreaked havoc on the average Frenchman.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Smokin Joe

"Climate change" played a huge role in the French Revolution, only it was an extended period of cold weather that disrupted growing seasons, severely hampering the farming of wheat. In turn, the inflation in the price of bread wreaked havoc on the average Frenchman.
IIRC, ergot on stored rye was part of the problem.

C S Lewis

Offline Night Hides Not

On the off chance that humans might be able to affect climate at all, we should be rooting for warmth. Colder climate eras are when humans have done poorly, warmer years we fare better.

In reality, we likely have as much effect on global climate as flea farts. We're just along for the ride.

I lived in Germany for four years, I've had enough cold weather to last me the rest of my life.

As one who enjoys good Riesling, I'm rooting for warmer weather. Currently, grapes are planted on one side of the Mosel River in Germany, the side that receives the most sunlight. It's been that way for centuries. I think it would be wonderful if it warmed enough to encourage growing grapes on both sides of the Mosel.

(removing tongue from cheek)
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Offline Night Hides Not

IIRC, ergot on stored rye was part of the problem.

No doubt, I was oversimplifying the situation.