Author Topic: Trump: I Would Ban Taxpayer Funding of Abortion  (Read 1211 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump: I Would Ban Taxpayer Funding of Abortion
« on: September 17, 2016, 01:01:58 am »

Christine Rousselle
9/16/2016 6:00:00 PM

Today, Donald Trump announced the formation of a pro-life coalition for his campaign and hired Marjorie Dannenfelser of the Susan B. Anthony's list as chairwoman. Additionally, Trump outlined a pro-life platform and a commitment to appointing a pro-life Supreme Court justice and permanently banning any taxpayer funding of abortion.

SBA List later tweeted an infographic highlighting Trump's pro-life credentials:

Susan B Anthony List
‏@SBAList

The difference between Trump & Clinton on abortion couldn't be clearer: http://www.sba-list.org/5questions  #ProLife

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/christinerousselle/2016/09/16/trump-i-would-ban-taxpayer-funding-of-abortion-n2219313
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Gov Bean Counter

Re: Trump: I Would Ban Taxpayer Funding of Abortion
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2016, 01:05:13 am »
Christine Rousselle

Today, Donald Trump announced the formation of a pro-life coalition for his campaign and hired Marjorie Dannenfelser of the Susan B. Anthony's list as chairwoman. Additionally, Trump outlined a pro-life platform and a commitment to appointing a pro-life Supreme Court justice and permanently banning any taxpayer funding of abortion.

SBA List later tweeted an infographic highlighting Trump's pro-life credentials:

Susan B Anthony List
‏@SBAList

The difference between Trump & Clinton on abortion couldn't be clearer: http://www.sba-list.org/5questions  #ProLife

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/christinerousselle/2016/09/16/trump-i-would-ban-taxpayer-funding-of-abortion-n2219313

I wonder if he ran this past Ivanka.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2016, 01:16:15 am »
I wonder if he ran this past Ivanka.

Doesn't matter who he runs it past. It ain't gonna happen and we all know it.

Online corbe

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2016, 01:17:33 am »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2016, 02:04:44 am »
The Hyde Amendment already bans taxpayer funding of abortion.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2016, 02:39:24 am »
It is legal to have abortions and a supreme court isn't going to change that.  The government paying for abortions CAN be regulated by law.  They aren't paying for it outright but when they give money to Planned Parenthood, they perform abortions so that is a backhanded way of the government paying for them.

I have no idea what type Supreme Court Judge insane Trump would put forth for that court.  My guess is whoever Ivanka Trump wants. 

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2016, 10:20:51 am »
The Hyde Amendment already bans taxpayer funding of abortion.

The Hyde Amendment is a trailer that is usually (but not always) added to spending bills.  So there is no blanket ban on taxpayer funding of abortion.

Considering direct government subsidies given to abortion providers, it is crystal clear that taxpayer funding of abortion has been ongoing for quite a long time.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2016, 01:15:37 pm »
It takes an outsider and with Mike Pence on the team; the only other candidates that did anything comparable were the governors who ran, Perry, Walker, Kasich and Christie.

Trump detractors; may have backed Senators whose pro-life accomplishments are very minimal in comparison.  Of course, pro-lifers are thankful to the utmost for any help they get.

As far as I'm concerned, Principled Pro-Lifers don't look to always quash any good coming out of the ticket, especially as related to pro-life efforts.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2016, 01:21:27 pm »
Mike Pence:

Co-Sponsored or Authored 28 Pro-Life Bills in Congress

Signed 4 Pro-Life Bills into Law as Governor

Led the Charge to Defund Planned Parenthood

Donald Trump:

Supports the Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act

Pledges to Appoint Pro-life Justices

Committed to Defunding Planned Parenthood

Opposes Taxpayer-Funded Abortion, Defends Conscience Freedom

https://www.sba-list.org/trump-vs-clinton

Anti-Trumpers include Planned Parenthood, already attacking Trump. I'm not on that side.

Planned Parenthood executive: Donald Trump is our ‘biggest concern’
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/sep/15/planned-parenthood-executive-donald-trump-our-bigg/

Offline Longmire

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2016, 01:39:26 pm »
Trump is saying the right things in this regard. One assumes this includes tax-payer funding of Planned Parenthood

Offline unknown

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2016, 03:28:11 pm »

Trump releases agenda for protecting unborn

« on: September 16, 2016, 03:07:44 PM »
Trump releases agenda for protecting unborn

2 key factors: Supreme Court justices, permanent ban on tax funding

http://www.wnd.com/2016/09/trump-stuns-with-release-of-pro-life-agenda/
Bob Uhnruh
Sept. 16, 2016

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=225350.new#new
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 04:43:07 pm by unknown »

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline unknown

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2016, 04:42:40 pm »

Donald Trump Calls for Permanently Banning Taxpayer Funding of Abortions

Steven Ertelt   Sep 16, 2016   |   9:22AM    Washington, DC
LifeNews
http://www.lifenews.com/2016/09/16/donald-trump-calls-for-permanently-banning-taxpayer-funding-of-abortions/

Donald Trump today has issued a call to make permanent the Hyde Amendment that bans almost all federal taxpayer funding of abortions and is credited with saving the lives of over 1 million Americans from abortion. Trump-‘s call comes as Hillary Clinton is campaigning in reversing Hyde and forcing Americans to fund free abortions for women with their tax dollars.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline skeeter

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2016, 04:48:27 pm »
I would be very happy if this much progress could be made on the issue.

But then there's the issue of trumps credibility - how do we know he's telling the truth this time?

This is the cost of lying his way to the nomination.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 04:49:03 pm by skeeter »

Offline unknown

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2016, 04:49:43 pm »
I would be very happy if this much progress could be made on the issue.

But then there's the issue of trumps credibility - how do we know he's telling the truth this time?

This is the cost of lying his way to the nomination.

You are correct.

Offline unknown

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2016, 04:58:22 pm »
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=225441

‘I Almost Cried’: Unborn Baby ‘Salutes’ Former Marine Dad in Sonogram Image

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/09/16/i-almost-cried-unborn-baby-salutes-former-marine-dad-in-sonogram-image/

Sep. 16, 2016
Kate Scanlon   

A Georgia couple had their day made when their 12-week-old unborn baby appeared to salute them during a recent ultrasound appointment, ABC News reported.

Mehgan Merriott and Robert Cooper, a former marine, told ABC News that during their appointment, they watched their baby raise its hand to its eyebrow.

{.. snip ..}

Offline skeeter

« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2016, 04:58:30 pm »
You are correct.

If I claim to be all about the principles then it shouldn't matter if I despise the person proposing them. Credibilty becomes the only concern.

Offline unknown

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2016, 05:00:16 pm »
If I claim to be all about the principles then it shouldn't matter if I despise the person proposing them. Credibilty becomes the only concern.

Credibility is a big issue with Trump.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2016, 03:51:17 am »

Yet he supports taxpayer funding of abortion clinics.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

geronl

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2016, 05:44:38 am »
No he would not.

I believe nothing this evil clown says.

I haven't been wrong yet

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2016, 06:31:16 am »
Christine Rousselle

Susan B Anthony List
‏@SBAList

THis is a good step, if true.

However we are still faced with his praising Planned Parenthood for 'all the good they do.'
Money is fungible.

One taxpayer dime in one pocket means money can be moved to other things. Some of it cannot be funded without bringing fiscal benefit to all of it, and thus, taxpayer money helps to make the slaughter happen.

What's more: Medicaid funds abortion in 15 states. (State based funds) https://fundabortionnow.org/get-help/medicaid
Medicaid is funded by the States and the Federal Government.
While Medicaid is forbidden from using Federal money for abortion, every State funded dime freed up elsewhere in the program is free to do other things.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 06:31:53 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2016, 06:45:20 am »
However we are still faced with his praising Planned Parenthood for 'all the good they do.'
Money is fungible.

Planned Parenthood does abortion. Trump's best people forgot to tell him that it's already illegal to use taxpayer cash for abortion. This is all window dressing and you said exactly why. Money is fungible.

So all the people praising this, like trump are simply playing word games all around.

If he or his people do not know that money is fungible, and that is not credible for a billionaire, then they are unaware of current law.

If they are unaware of current law, they arent 'the best people' and thus it is incompetent of Trump to be hiring them.

No matter how one approaches this, it is a total farce.