Author Topic: Congressional Black Caucus Calls Trump 'Racial Arsonist' After Birther Speech  (Read 751 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Congressional Black Caucus Calls Trump 'Racial Arsonist' After Birther Speech
Cortney O'Brien
9/16/2016 2:30:00 PM - Cortney O'Brien
Donald Trump admitted on Friday that he believed Barack Obama was born here in the United States, ending a years long controversy since he first raised the "birther" issue. Yet, his short speech was not enough to silence all his critics. On Friday afternoon, members of the Congressional Black Caucus tore into the GOP nominee and demanded he give the president a proper apology for questioning his background.

"America, are we going to let Trump use this issue to November 8?" asked Rep. Hank Johnson (D-GA). "This man is going to use this birther issue and all the other innuendos to divide America against each other."

Rep. Hakeem Jeffries (D-NY) took his criticism even further, calling Trump "nothing more than a two bit racial arsonist."

Trump's rhetoric against minorities is "disgusting" and that he's offered "no substance" to this campaign, Rep. Mark Veasey (D-TX) added. "Hold this man accountable," he insisted.

Other CBC members called Trump a racist and bigot, to cheers of "Amen!"

So much for putting the issue to rest.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobrien/2016/09/16/congressional-black-caucus-calls-trump-race-baiting-arsonist-after-birther-speech-n2219155
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

The media will now make sure there is no more discussion of Hillary's health.

It's almost as if O'Reilly set a trap last Tuesday in his Trump interview when he brought up the birther controversy and Trump didn't end it then.

Now, Trump is caught in the trap and it's not going to end for a day or two.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

HonestJohn

The media will now make sure there is no more discussion of Hillary's health.

It's almost as if O'Reilly set a trap last Tuesday in his Trump interview when he brought up the birther controversy and Trump didn't end it then.

Now, Trump is caught in the trap and it's not going to end for a day or two.

He'll double down.  It's his nature.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Is there something I'm missing?  From what I can see, the only thing Trump said was that he believes Obama was born in the United States.  The responses are things like:

"America, are we going to let Trump use this issue to November 8?"

How is Trump saying "there is no issue" him trying to make it an issue??  This is kind of a weird one.

Granted, I can't stand birthers.  But disavowing birtherism is....the right thing, isn't it?   

Online corbe

Is there something I'm missing?  From what I can see, the only thing Trump said was that he believes Obama was born in the United States.  The responses are things like:

How is Trump saying "there is no issue" him trying to make it an issue??  This is kind of a weird one.

Granted, I can't stand birthers.  But disavowing birtherism is....the right thing, isn't it?   

@Maj. Bill Martin

It certainly seems at this moment it's the Political Expediant thing to do, which totally escapes me,  BUT I'm not convinced obummer was born here.......   

The Facts are not in Evidence.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline DiogenesLamp

I am a "birther."   I have looked at this issue since 2008 and I have studied just about everything there is about it to study.   

There is a there there,  both in terms of Obama's murky origin,  and as to the correct meaning of the term "natural born citizen."   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

I am a "birther."   I have looked at this issue since 2008 and I have studied just about everything there is about it to study.   

There is a there there,  both in terms of Obama's murky origin,  and as to the correct meaning of the term "natural born citizen."   

This is powerfully sad news for the Birthers.  I mean Trump still thinks inoculations cause autism,  and Cruz's dad killed JFK, but now there are only 2 or 3 dozen Birthers left...Stay strong DL.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
@corbe , @DiogenesLamp ,

To avoid an argument over a topic that clearly is in front for the decade's Dead Horse award, i'll rephrase my question to say that isn't disavowing birtherism exactly what Obama's supporters should be applauding?

They're outraged that he came out and said he thinks it isn't an issue.  So why the wailing and gnashing of teeth from them?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 06:32:23 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Axel

@corbe , @DiogenesLamp ,

To avoid an argument over a topic that clearly is in front for the decade's Dead Horse award, i'll rephrase my question to say that isn't disavowing birtherism exactly what Obama's supporters should be applauding?

They're outraged that he came out and said he thinks it isn't an issue.  So why the wailing and gnashing of teeth from them?

They're used to controlling the narrative on racism, and Trump didn't allow the media to set its agenda.

"The Gutter Rat's going to continue to trash Romney, and Romney's going to tell the country why he should be president.

And Romney is going to win" - Sinkspur's incredible insight into the 2012 election

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
The Congressional Black Caucus?

Hank Johnson, concerned that Guam will tip over and capsize

https://youtu.be/zNZczIgVXjg

Sheila Jackson Lee Thinks the Constitution is 400 Years Old

https://youtu.be/6PtOTwXQ8KE

This CBC?
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline starstruck

• Hoping 2018 is a good year

This quote is by Hank Johnson. The guy that thought Guam could tip over. Not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed.
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people�s liberty teeth and keystone under independence. � George Washington