Author Topic: Politico: Trump Is Pat Buchanan With Better Timing  (Read 1965 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Politico: Trump Is Pat Buchanan With Better Timing
« on: September 16, 2016, 01:05:11 am »
Politico: Trump Is Pat Buchanan With Better Timing

By Jeff Greenfield – Politico.com

Illustration by Brian Stauffer

The presidency of George H.W. Bush was in trouble. Headed into the 1992 election year, the glow from the swift and decisive victory in the Gulf War—a victory that had pushed Bush’s approval ratings to 90 percent—had faded. While a recession had technically ended in March of 1991, unemployment was stuck at 7 percent, and the rut was felt deeply in New England. When I went to New Hampshire late that year to cover the presidential race, every store in a once-thriving Manchester shopping mall was shuttered; only the unemployment office and the welfare office were open. The advertisements that filled local newspapers were not for products or stores; they announced foreclosure auctions.

Into this state strode 53-year-old Pat Buchanan, a cheerfully pugnacious conservative who had spent his adult life shuffling between the political world—speechwriter for Richard Nixon, communications director for Ronald Reagan—and the media, where he wrote columns and was a frequent face on TV shows ranging from the McLaughlin Group to Crossfire to The Capital Gang. He came to announce a primary challenge to Bush:

Read More At: http://buchanan.org/blog/politico-trump-pat-buchanan-better-timing-125682

Anyone who has read Pat Buchanan's books from 10 or more ago; knows that what Trump is largely pitching is Buchananism.

HonestJohn

Re: Politico: Trump Is Pat Buchanan With Better Timing
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 03:22:24 am »
Yes.

Which is a big reason why he's so vile.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2016, 04:24:40 am »
Yes.

Certainly an intellectually heavyweight statement.

And may I say, it must take one to know one.

I'd suppose if I were someone else, I could say your statement smacks of Anti-Catholicism and an Anti-Irish attitude. Totally incoherent on the question of "Why", just one liners. No proof of a thing. Making accusations.

:troll:

No proof, just bitter statements.

Anyway, we can all read and we don't all attack the messenger as those with a shallow message of hate seem to do.

One can read and then, make up their minds.

HonestJohn

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2016, 04:32:09 am »
Certainly an intellectually heavyweight statement.

And may I say, it must take one to know one.

I'd suppose if I were someone else, I could say your statement smacks of Anti-Catholicism and an Anti-Irish attitude. Totally incoherent on the question of "Why", just one liners. No proof of a thing. Making accusations.

:troll:

No proof, just bitter statements.

Anyway, we can all read and we don't all attack the messenger as those with a shallow message of hate seem to do.

One can read and then, make up their minds.

I don't feel like spamming the boards with the information I've already posted here:

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,225220.msg1055835.html#msg1055835

Your constant threads and posts espousing the more sanitized versions of the 'alt-right' are simply an attempt to pile so much trash here that the truth is obscured.

And you get irate whenever anyone calls you on it.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 04:33:56 am by HonestJohn »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2016, 04:47:15 am »
Yes.

Buchanan probably has a picture of Hitler in his bedroom next to the Pope.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2016, 05:21:17 am »
I don't feel like spamming the boards with the information I've already posted here:

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,225220.msg1055835.html#msg1055835

Your constant threads and posts espousing the more sanitized versions of the 'alt-right' are simply an attempt to pile so much trash here that the truth is obscured.

And you get irate whenever anyone calls you on it.

HonestJohn, if you can be honest, how many supporters does Trump have?

Millions, are you calling them all the Alt-Right?  Yes or No.

HonestJohn clearly shows he is using text-book bigotry.

big·ot·ry
[ˈbiɡətrē]
NOUN

intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself:
    "the difficulties of combating prejudice and bigotry"

One who commits bigotry is a bigot. That includes statements like Herr Drumpf, once again, Hateful John goes to the bottom of the barrel and labels millions of people "alt-right". Despicable.

And thus, Frank Cannon who called someone, well, I won't revisit that, but an abbreviation that is unmentionable and now, was accusing someone of something last night doesn't affect me.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2016, 05:23:05 am »
Buchanan probably has a picture of Hitler in his bedroom next to the Pope.

What an anti-Catholic statement.  A Klansman, at least from the '60s might saying something like this.

Well, I'm not two in a party of three that has had to drop inflammatory or hateful speech among us.

What a bigoted statement.  Fellows must not think much.  What hate.

And these fellows criticize Trump for one looney in Dallas Texas?

Frank Klansman might be a better name.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 05:30:07 am by TomSea »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2016, 05:36:16 am »
What an anti-Catholic statement.  A Klansman, at least from the '60s might saying something like this.

Well, I'm not two in a party of three that has had to drop inflammatory or hateful speech among us.

What a bigoted statement.  Fellows must not think much.  What hate.

And these fellows criticize Trump for one looney in Dallas Texas?

Frank Klansman might be a better name.

Well, if you were actually educated on the topics you attempt to discuss you would know that Pat is a huge Catholic. He discusses it frequently. Guessing your rabbit ears couldn't pick up The McLaughlin Group on the set in your mothers basement.

BTW, I am also waiting for you to tell me who said this about Brother Pat....

“Buchanan winks at barbarism in his new book, There is no other way to describe his views. Buchanan argues that we should have ignored Hitler’s rampage to Eastern Europe during World War II. Hitler meant us no harm, Buchanan says. The same man who argued forcefully — and in my opinion correctly — that we should not give an inch during the Cold War is now saying in effect that Hitler should have been appeased."

“Buchanan has enjoyed a long psychic friendship with Hitler, whom he has called ‘an individual of great courage, a soldier’s soldier and a leader steeped in the history of Europe, He also warns his followers that the United States is controlled by Jews, especially regarding foreign policy. On slow days, he attacks gays, immigrants, welfare recipients, even Zulus. When cornered, he says he’s misunderstood.Buchanan is rewriting history and spreading fear for one purpose: To gain political power. That makes him a very dangerous man.”

Offline TomSea

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2016, 06:56:10 am »
The Anti-Defamation League who is a watchdog for those who defame Jews has all of these quotes by Pat; the case against him is really weak that folks go on witch hunts over this.

http://archive.adl.org/special_reports/buchanan_own_words/on_nazis.html

On Women

2007: "The rise of women to power in a civilization is very often the mark of its decline."
-- On The McLaughlin Group, July 6, 2007

http://archive.adl.org/special_reports/buchanan_own_words/on_women.html#homosexuality

Oh, good heavens, the nerve of Pat Buchanan.  :silly:
2002:  “For homosexuality is not liberation, it is slavery. It is not a lifestyle; it is a death style.”
-- Death of the West: How Dying Populations and Immigrant Invasions Imperil Our Country and Civilization, P.197

Can you believe it! What a horrible thing to say. The Thought Police must make an end to such statements in an Orwellian world.

2006:  “And as we remain a predominantly Christian country, why should not a preference go to Christians?”
-- State of Emergency: The Third World Invasion and Conquest of America, P. 252

That takes the cake; that really does. How could anyone say such a thing, very bigoted.

He ought to be jailed for that last statement.
 :happyhappy: 000hehehehe :mauslaff:
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 06:57:44 am by TomSea »

HonestJohn

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2016, 07:01:10 pm »
HonestJohn, if you can be honest, how many supporters does Trump have?

Millions, are you calling them all the Alt-Right?  Yes or No.

HonestJohn clearly shows he is using text-book bigotry.

One who commits bigotry is a bigot. That includes statements like Herr Drumpf, once again, Hateful John goes to the bottom of the barrel and labels millions of people "alt-right". Despicable.

And thus, Frank Cannon who called someone, well, I won't revisit that, but an abbreviation that is unmentionable and now, was accusing someone of something last night doesn't affect me.

Buchanon wrote in the New York Post that it was impossible for 850,000 Jews to be killed by diesel exhaust fed into the gas chamber at Treblinka.  He also argued Treblinka "was not a death camp but a transit camp used as a 'pass-through point' for prisoners". (In fact, some nine hundred thousand Jews had died at Treblinka.)

The Anti-Defamation League has called Buchanan an "unrepentant bigot" who "repeatedly demonizes Jews and minorities and openly affiliates with white supremacists."

Furthermore, the book in your signature block, Suicide of a Superpower, Buchanan laments that the United States is becoming an increasingly diverse country, that minorities will soon outnumber white Americans and that the country "is disintegrating, ethnically, culturally, morally, politically." Buchanan is particularly concerned with the increase in the Hispanic population in the United States, which he equates with the demise of America's white European heritage.

There is far more here: http://archive.adl.org/special_reports/pb_archive/pb_1991rpt.pdf

---

Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton have said things; things we rightly condemn.  Pat, however, has supported, written and espoused far worse.  He has done so consistently throughout his career as a political pundit.

And you want him to get a free pass.

That's deplorable.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2016, 10:08:16 pm »
Fuller: "Trump is Pat Buchanan with old money, fame among the low-info voters, and a huge ego to match"
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2016, 01:52:06 am »
Pat Buchanan was the only politician to whom I ever gave a donation.

He was right back then.

He's still "right" today…  ;)