Author Topic: US Has Duty to Ensure Internet Freedom, Cruz Says at Hearing on Obama Plan  (Read 216 times)

Offline unknown

US Has Duty to Ensure Internet Freedom, Cruz Says at Hearing on Obama Plan

http://dailysignal.com/2016/09/15/us-has-duty-to-ensure-internet-freedom-cruz-says-at-hearing-on-obama-plan/

Leah Jessen  / @_LeahKay_
September 15, 2016

The internet, an “oasis of freedom,” could become much less free if the United States doesn’t keep guardianship over it, Sen. Ted Cruz said Wednesday during a hearing on Capitol Hill.

“The internet is one of the most revolutionary forces ever unleashed on the world,” Cruz, R-Texas, said during the Senate Judiciary subcommittee hearing.

“People even meet and get married through the internet,” he added.

Because of the power of the internet, Cruz and others said, the U.S. should not transfer vital administrative controls to an international body that includes oppressive regimes. One homeland security expert called the Obama administration plan to delegate accountability a “leap in the dark.”

{.. snip ..}

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)