Author Topic: Trump Calls for 4% Growth, Pledges to Create 25M Jobs  (Read 3085 times)

Offline LonestarDream

Trump Calls for 4% Growth, Pledges to Create 25M Jobs
« on: September 15, 2016, 07:24:25 pm »
Republican Donald Trump on Thursday called for a U.S. goal of 4 percent annual economic growth, saying his plans to cut taxes, eliminate regulations and revamp U.S. trade policy would create 25 million new jobs over a decade.

The presidential candidate said in a speech to a the Economic Club of New York, a business group, that his economic team projects his plans would enable the economy to grow at a rate of 3.5 percent.

"Everything that is broken today can be fixed, and every failure can be turned into a great success," said Trump, who will face Democrat Hillary Clinton in the Nov. 8 election.
MORE FROM FOXBUSINESS.COM

U.S. gross domestic product expanded at a 1.1 percent annual rate in the second quarter, the Commerce Department said last month. The economy has struggled to regain momentum since output started slowing in the last six months of 2015.

Trump said on Thursday his plan includes a $4.4 trillion tax cut, although he said it would actually reduce government revenues by less under a "dynamic scoring" method that assumes lower taxes boost growth. Republicans, including Trump, favor this model, but critics say it hides the cost of tax cuts.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/2016/09/15/trump-calls-for-4-growth-pledges-to-create-25m-jobs.html
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 07:25:15 pm by LonestarDream »
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline LonestarDream

Re: Trump Calls for 4% Growth, Pledges to Create 25M Jobs
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 07:27:20 pm »
Outstanding.  Just outstanding.  Even hit the dynamic scoring point, which is near and dear to my heart.

Dynamic scoring of taxation MUST become the norm, to more closely show the true costs of government. 

@don-o

geronl

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2016, 07:35:18 pm »
his FDR-like policies would have the opposite effect

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2016, 08:11:00 pm »
Trump emphasized over and over that reducing regulations was the key feedback he got from the energy, manufacturing and farming.

Trump could cleanup in western and rural PA.

geronl

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2016, 08:14:32 pm »
Trump emphasized over and over that reducing regulations was the key feedback he got from the energy, manufacturing and farming.

Trump is not going to reduce regulations

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2016, 08:16:46 pm »
One cannot legislate growth. It is either supported by the fundamentals of the economy, or it is not.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2016, 08:23:05 pm »

Feedback he promptly ignored, as he proposed bigger programs.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

geronl

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2016, 09:20:24 pm »
I call for 8% growth and pledge 50 million jobs!

lol

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2016, 09:47:01 pm »
I call for 8% growth and pledge 50 million jobs!

lol

Heh, me too.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2016, 10:37:33 pm »
One cannot legislate growth. It is either supported by the fundamentals of the economy, or it is not.

Trump will go full Singapore to get 'deals' done.  Now I dont agree with the Kelo stuff.

But the buildings and bridges WILL be built.

AND, Trump wants to frack our own energy as a ticket out of Middle East entanglements.

That is something we can build from ....

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2016, 10:39:27 pm »
Watch and make you own conclusions. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmhyK74BRyc

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2016, 10:40:56 pm »
Pence/Trump starts at 19:00 into the video.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2016, 10:46:50 pm »
Well yea, I mean that aligns nicely with the estimated 30,000,000 illegals he has no intention of deporting. So they each get a job on the books. The other 5,000,000 he has no intention of deporting can keep the lawns mowed under the table.

So basically he'll tax them, profit from illegal labor and actual Americans are still fornicated. Pretty much how he runs his business now.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2016, 10:48:37 pm »
Trump will go full Singapore to get 'deals' done.  Now I dont agree with the Kelo stuff.

But the buildings and bridges WILL be built.

AND, Trump wants to frack our own energy as a ticket out of Middle East entanglements.

Ah, yes. Economic stimulus.  Where does the money come from for that?  Trump proposes a half-trillion dollar infrastructure plan along with a brand-new entitlement program that panders to women, and the expansion of Medicaid.

Where, specifically, does the money come from to finance all that stuff?  Economic growth, waste, fraud, and abuse don't qualify as those are the coward's way out of "financing" more spending.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2016, 10:51:08 pm »

No he doesn't.  He's all for cities and states opting out of fracking.

Trump supports fracking but says towns and states should be allowed to ban the drilling practice. That position is at odds with industry groups and congressional Republicans, who say the practice is safe and should be permitted nationwide.

http://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/290186-trump-rattles-industry-with-fracking-position

Offline skeeter

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2016, 10:54:28 pm »
There's only one way to get to 4% sustained growth - reduced government interference in the private sector - and from what I've heard Trump is taking us in the opposite direction.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2016, 10:56:38 pm »
TRUMP: "I say we should get rid of food safety regulations. My thinking is, people spit in my meals a lot, so why should you all be exempt?"

geronl

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2016, 11:02:25 pm »
Trump will go full Singapore to get 'deals' done.

he will go full FDR and political "deals" are always bad for America

Offline LMAO

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2016, 11:30:10 pm »
A candidate should be very careful about promising robust growth and x number of jobs.

If elected, and neither materialize by the time he runs for re election, his promises will be fodder for his opponent
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2016, 12:20:57 am »

??? However, isn't he leaning far left with 'green energy' filled with its own regulations and taxes?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2016, 01:05:17 am »
A candidate should be very careful about promising robust growth and x number of jobs.

If elected, and neither materialize by the time he runs for re election, his promises will be fodder for his opponent

Nothing wrong with a target.  If he gets his corporate tax cuts and cuts through regulation this is very possible.

Hold him accountable.  If he does not deliver 3% GDP growth by his first term, vote Cruz.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2016, 01:36:13 am »

Nothing wrong with a target.  If he gets his corporate tax cuts and cuts through regulation this is very possible.

Hold him accountable.  If he does not deliver 3% GDP growth by his first term, vote Cruz.

The only way Trump pays for his tax cuts and spending is if the 4% growth target is reached.  It won't be.  So this is nothing but additional spending adding to the overall debt.

Republicans will never pass another across-the-board tax cut with Trump at the helm.  He doesn't have near enough support.

Offline rodamala

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2016, 03:06:15 am »

So long as government spending (which NEVER goes down) is included in GDP, that metric means nothing.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2016, 04:50:09 am »
Why do politicians always promise they will create jobs?  Government cannot create jobs in the private sector.  What they can do is create an environment where private enterprise can create jobs --  lower taxes, reduce government regulation and interference.  But while politicians might promise to reduce regulation, the reality is they want more of it.  They can't resist the power of government control of every aspect of our lives, including business. 

And as for taxes -- well, this is what "tax the rich" means.  The "rich" aren't the ones living in mansions.  The "rich" are corporations and even Mom and Pop businesses.  When government taxes the "rich," they tax the job creators. When the job creators are taxed, they stop creating jobs and often reduce the jobs they already have. 

Oh and about bringing back those blue collar jobs -- that's a pipe dream. Blue collar jobs are gone for good.  They are never coming back.  And you can blame Republicans as well as Democrats for that.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2016, 04:53:34 am »

I don't know where you live, but I live in PA. There are not enough voters in the "T" to overcome Pitt, ABE, Scranton/WB and Philthy religious Rat voting.