Author Topic: Trump: Women shouldn't need prescription for birth control  (Read 696 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump: Women shouldn't need prescription for birth control
« on: September 15, 2016, 07:02:07 pm »
 By Lisa Hagen - 09/15/16 12:28 PM EDT

Donald Trump says women should be able to purchase birth control without a prescription.

During his appearance on the “The Dr. Oz Show” airing Thursday, the GOP presidential nominee acknowledged that needing a prescription is a roadblock for many women, according to The Associated Press.

"I would say it should not be prescription," Trump said on the show, adding that many women "just aren't in a position to go get a prescription."

Trump’s comments come as he continues to court female voters who have largely flock to Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton. Earlier this week, he delivered a major policy speech where he called for six weeks of paid maternity leave.

more
http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/296142-trump-supports-women-buying-birth-control-without-prescription
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Suppressed

Re: Trump: Women shouldn't need prescription for birth control
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 07:18:43 pm »
There are many things for which prescriptions should not be needed.  Antibiotics are one of the few where they should be required, as there's a public-health risk from overprescribing. 

As a side note, there's a public-health risk from birth-control pills, but it's not related to misuse, per se.  It's because many of the hormones pass out of the body and enter public water supplies.  It's very interesting to watch the level of hormones in rivers near colleges when they are in session... they rise when the students are in town.  Many places have water intakes from the same surfacewater sources as the outfalls from their wastewater-treatment plants...so we're getting dosed with female hormones.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2016, 07:30:57 pm »
That hormones in the water thing is a conspiracy theorist's dream.

This is a rare time when Donald is right.  There is no downside to being able to get birth control pills without a prescription.  Who would abuse them and what for?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2016, 07:33:03 pm »
The reason one needs prescriptions for most birth control medications is because of side effects if they have blood clotting disorders, liver disease, etc. It also can harm a baby if they are already pregnant.

However, there are over the counter birth-control options that do not need a prescription so the point is unnecessary. The ones that do need a prescription are the medicinal type forms that have side effects or interactions that need to be evaluated before taking.

geronl

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2016, 07:33:48 pm »
That hormones in the water thing is a conspiracy theorist's dream.

This is a rare time when Donald is right.  There is no downside to being able to get birth control pills without a prescription.  Who would abuse them and what for?

He had to sneak some in for Ivanka when she was 12 probably

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2016, 08:31:28 pm »
The reason one needs prescriptions for most birth control medications is because of side effects if they have blood clotting disorders, liver disease, etc. It also can harm a baby if they are already pregnant.

@AbaraXas

Can't we just stop it with all the nanny-state stuff, and give our great republic a breather?

Drano can be dangerous, but we don't need a plumber's note to buy it.

Alcohol doesn't require a prescription.  It's legal.

Perhaps a prescription should be needed for minors, but let's go back to treating adults like adults.

(I know, I know...the Physician's Guild requires its monopoly...)
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn