Author Topic: Not in my house, pastor puts Trump in his place.  (Read 1093 times)

Wingnut

Not in my house, pastor puts Trump in his place.
« on: September 15, 2016, 01:13:12 am »
Not in my house, pastor tells Trump
The GOP nominee was rebuked for attacking Clinton in a black church.
By LOUIS NELSON and ELI STOKOLS 09/14/16 04:22 PM EDT Updated 09/14/16 08:00 PM EDT
FLINT, Mich. — Donald Trump's last minute attempt to win over African-American voters veered off course Wednesday afternoon when the pastor of a historically black church cut him off mid-stump speech, reminding him that he had not been invited there to deliver a political speech.

“Hillary Clinton failed on the economy, just like she has failed on foreign policy. Everything she touched didn’t work out, nothing,” Trump told 50 or so people inside Bethel United Methodist Church.

Rev. Faith Green-Timmons, an African-American pastor in this predominantly Democratic city, didn't want to hear it and stepped in to stop him.

“Mr. Trump, I invited you here to thank us for what we’ve done in Flint,” Rev. Faith Green Timmons said as she approached Trump. “Not to give a political speech.”

A chastened Trump quickly looked to smooth things over.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/flint-pastor-cuts-off-trump-228172

Offline Norm Lenhart

Re: Not in my house, pastor puts Trump in his place.
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 01:16:23 am »
Not in my house, pastor tells Trump
The GOP nominee was rebuked for attacking Clinton in a black church.
By LOUIS NELSON and ELI STOKOLS 09/14/16 04:22 PM EDT Updated 09/14/16 08:00 PM EDT
FLINT, Mich. — Donald Trump's last minute attempt to win over African-American voters veered off course Wednesday afternoon when the pastor of a historically black church cut him off mid-stump speech, reminding him that he had not been invited there to deliver a political speech.

“Hillary Clinton failed on the economy, just like she has failed on foreign policy. Everything she touched didn’t work out, nothing,” Trump told 50 or so people inside Bethel United Methodist Church.

Rev. Faith Green-Timmons, an African-American pastor in this predominantly Democratic city, didn't want to hear it and stepped in to stop him.

“Mr. Trump, I invited you here to thank us for what we’ve done in Flint,” Rev. Faith Green Timmons said as she approached Trump. “Not to give a political speech.”

A chastened Trump quickly looked to smooth things over.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/flint-pastor-cuts-off-trump-228172

Not real sure what this guy expected when inviting a candidate for the presidency to address his congregation this close to said election. Was he figuring talking about the Pistons or Lions was gonna be the topic?

HonestJohn

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2016, 01:19:41 am »
Not real sure what this guy expected when inviting a candidate for the presidency to address his congregation this close to said election. Was he figuring talking about the Pistons or Lions was gonna be the topic?

Probably hoped to attract rubber-neckers that might then like his church and come back.

And I'd wager he hoped Trump would've talked about Flint's water crisis... and used it to bash Michigan's Republican governor.  Trump likes to bash Republican politicians.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2016, 01:21:26 am »
I saw this on CNN earlier.  Trump turned sheepish and got back on script.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Wingnut

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2016, 01:22:15 am »
The dis of the "Hag In Waiting" probably is what did it.  Dems are god like is ratholes like flint.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2016, 01:22:35 am »

Not "a guy."  The pastor is a woman.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2016, 01:27:17 am »
Not "a guy."  The pastor is a woman.

Whatever zim or ze or one of the other lib gender pronouns apply. Same point.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2016, 01:32:24 am »

And I'd wager he hoped Trump would've talked about Flint's water crisis... and used it to bash Michigan's Republican governor.  Trump likes to bash Republican politicians.

Well Snyder hasn't endorsed him.