Author Topic: Ronald Reagan plays a starring role in new anti-Trump ad  (Read 789 times)

Offline sinkspur

Ronald Reagan plays a starring role in new anti-Trump ad
« on: September 14, 2016, 03:06:37 am »
Ronald Reagan plays a starring role in new anti-Trump ad

By GABRIEL DEBENEDETTI 09/13/16 10:00 AM EDT

NEW YORK — The biggest super PAC supporting Hillary Clinton is using Republican icon Ronald Reagan against Donald Trump in its latest stinging battleground-state television ad, harshly portraying the GOP nominee as an inciter of violence rather than a uniter.

The spot from Priorities USA Action, which contrasts the former president’s soaring rhetoric with clips of violence from Trump’s rallies, lands just hours after his latest campaign event, in North Carolina, was pocked by physical scuffles between protesters and supporters. There, Trump accused Clinton of running a “hate-filled campaign."

The 30-second ad, which is due to run in Florida, Iowa, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Ohio, and Pennsylvania, opens with a voiceover from Reagan as his name is displayed across the screen over black and white images. First up: what appears to be a father and son on a farm, followed by older black and white women embracing, and then by a veteran with a small girl.

“We are one nation under God, that black and white, we are one nation indivisible,” says Reagan in the clip from his 1986 Independence Day address. “That Republican and Democrat, we are all Americans."

The video then abruptly cuts to quickly flashing black-and-white images of Trump rallies before a red square zooms in on the now-famous March clip of a Trump supporter sucker-punching a protester in North Carolina, while the voiceover switches to Trump saying, “I’d like to punch him in the face."

After more quick black-and-white cuts interspersed with red, Trump is shown telling a crowd: “You know what they used to do to guys like that? They’d be carried out on a stretcher, folks."
The screen turns to more images of Trump rally violence before closing with another shot of Trump himself, this time telling voters, “I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose any voters."

The video — which will hit television screens as the super PAC has over $10 million in TV ad time booked over the next two weeks — is Priorities’ latest attempt to paint Trump as divisive, but it’s the first that so explicitly invokes Reagan.

Republicans have for years used the Californian as their go-to presidential touchpoint, and his name has recently popped up on the campaign trail more frequently as Clinton has wooed GOP voters resistant to Trump — including by highlighting her support from former Reagan administration officials.

Clinton has repeatedly invoked Reagan in public, asking a crowd, “What would Ronald Reagan think?” of Trump as recently as Thursday.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/trump-ad-ronald-reagan-228088#ixzz4KCBkh8Is
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

geronl

Re: Ronald Reagan plays a starring role in new anti-Trump ad
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 03:13:19 am »
I'm surprised it took this long.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2016, 03:14:54 am »
“What would Ronald Reagan think?”

That Hitlary is a filthy lying dyke.

HonestJohn

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2016, 03:21:08 am »
That's going to cause two effects.

1. People who still think (on the right) will be very embarassed by the clown... and make it much harder for the person to vote for him.

2. More teardowns of Reagan by Trump supporters in order to try and make false equivalency comparisons.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2016, 03:30:14 am »
The Electorate has to decide if Hillary's physical state or Trump's mental state is more detrimental to governing
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 03:36:31 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy