Author Topic: Why a Trump victory in November is a virtual certainty  (Read 492 times)

Offline unknown

Why a Trump victory in November is a virtual certainty
« on: September 13, 2016, 09:46:40 pm »

Why a Trump victory in November is a virtual certainty

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/campaign/295532-why-a-trump-victory-in-november-is-a-virtually-certainty

Helmut Norpoth
September 12, 2016

To venture the prediction that Donald Trump is a sure bet to be elected President in November sounds about as outlandish, perhaps even ludicrous and delusional as anything coming out of the mouth of the candidate.

Polls, on the average, as tracked by RealClearPolitics and the Huffington Post, along with prediction markets like PredicIt and the Iowa Electronic Market, as well as several models featured at the recent meeting of the American Political Science Association all agree that Hillary Clinton is the heavy favorite to win.

One model, however, begs to differ. It is one that, with slight variations, has accurately predicted the winner of the popular vote in each of the last five presidential elections, ever since it was introduced in 1996.

[.. snip ..]

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline unknown

Re: Why a Trump victory in November is a virtual certainty
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2016, 09:47:06 pm »

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2016, 09:56:15 pm »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline bilo

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2016, 10:00:09 pm »
It does look like he might. It's so depressing. I lose if he wins. I lose if hillary wins.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2016, 10:06:08 pm »
I agree but for a different reason.

Honey Boo Boo's ratings- 3.2 Million Viewers
Kim Kardashian's twitter followers- 47.9 million
Kanye West's albums sold- 2.5 Million- In ONE WEEK.
This week's line up on the History channel- Pawn Stars, Counting Cars, Ancient Aliens, Ancient Aliens, Ancient Aliens
Top viewed YouTube video of all time- Gangnam Style

....I can keep going...