Author Topic: Donald Trump Is Our Only Shot To Shake Up Washington  (Read 901 times)

Offline unknown

Donald Trump Is Our Only Shot To Shake Up Washington
« on: September 13, 2016, 09:43:18 pm »

Donald Trump Is Our Only Shot To Shake Up Washington

http://townhall.com/columnists/sendavidperdue/2016/09/13/donald-trump-is-our-only-shot-to-shake-up-washington-n2217506

Sen. David Perdue
Sep 13, 2016

Editor's Note: This column was co-authored by former Congressman Jack Kingston (R-GA).

Our only shot to shake up Washington

We know a thing or two about unity.

Competing head-to-head in the Georgia Republican primary for the United States Senate in 2014 we got to know each other well. During a long year of primary and runoff campaigning, each of us pledged to support the eventual nominee.

We honored that pledge and put our differences aside. Our differences were nothing compared to our differences with the Democrats who wanted another seat in the United States Senate to push President Barack Obama’s progressive agenda.

{.. snip ..}

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline unknown

Re: Donald Trump Is Our Only Shot To Shake Up Washington
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2016, 09:44:19 pm »

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2016, 09:45:15 pm »
Lets elect Ric Ocasek instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq-yoorI7lo

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2016, 09:50:40 pm »
Riiiiight.

Thinking a lifelong Liberal Democrat from NYC who funded and supported the Clintons, funded and campaigned for a known Communist for NYC mayor, endorsed Establishment GOP liberals for Congress during the Primary, is part and parcel a longtime supporter of cronyism, is to the Left of Hillary on Trade, praised Bernie Sanders and is now adopting the Leftist/Oligarchy stance on "Climate Change" is the "only shot to shake up Washington" - is beyond delusional.

Trump IS WASHINGTON.

A lifelong NY liberal practicing cronyism and promoting big government statism on a grander scale than what we currently have.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2016, 10:06:41 pm »
From Trump, I see a lot more shake down than shake up...
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2016, 10:32:16 pm »
Wrong. This election was our one shot to put a constitutionalist in the White House.

That opportunity is gone and what we're stuck with now the lesser of two evils - again.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2016, 10:39:39 pm »
Meyer Lansky is our only shot to shake up Al Capone's Chicago.

Kanye West is our only shot at shaking up the declining music industry.

Barack Obama is our only shot to shake up the expense of health care.

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2016, 10:41:44 pm »

Online LMAO

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2016, 10:46:38 pm »
Riiiiight.

Thinking a lifelong Liberal Democrat from NYC who funded and supported the Clintons, funded and campaigned for a known Communist for NYC mayor, endorsed Establishment GOP liberals for Congress during the Primary, is part and parcel a longtime supporter of cronyism, is to the Left of Hillary on Trade, praised Bernie Sanders and is now adopting the Leftist/Oligarchy stance on "Climate Change" is the "only shot to shake up Washington" - is beyond delusional.

Trump IS WASHINGTON.

A lifelong NY liberal practicing cronyism and promoting big government statism on a grander scale than what we currently have.

And yet, @INVAR , we are told that he is the real conservative by a particular poster. At some point, even the most dedicated of supporter has to come to a conclusion that they've been had, right?

I don't know what his supporters are seeing and hearing that has convinced them he will fight Washington corruption when his own actions and recent words make it clear, at the very least, he will maintain the status quo and continue the growth of the federal government and our debt and deficits
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2016, 10:47:41 pm »

It is like if your six month old pulls his diaper off and smears it everywhere, then you expect him to clean it up.  (whatever you do, don't Google that... I thought I could find a funny cartoon to photoshop.. nope.. you humans are really messed up).
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 10:53:57 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2016, 10:49:50 pm »

I don't know what his supporters are seeing

They are seeing a kindered liberal soul that will allow them to get their liberal views into power while maintaining the public fiction they are actually patriotic American conservatives.