Author Topic: 'Black Rifles Matter' Sign Offends Tourists in Boothbay Harbor, Maine  (Read 336 times)

Offline unknown

'Black Rifles Matter' Sign Offends Tourists in Boothbay Harbor, Maine

Creator says the sign is about gun rights, not race

http://www.necn.com/news/new-england/Black-Rifles-Matter-Sign-Offends-Tourists-in-Boothbay-Harbor-Maine--393171781.html

Danielle Waugh

A large lawn sign that reads "Black Rifles Matter" in Boothbay Harbor, Maine, has sparked outrage.

The sign's creator, Linc Sample, said the sign is about gun rights, not race. Sample painted it and placed it on private property after an ad in the local paper supported an assault-style weapons ban.

"We have received a few complaints from visitors to the region," said Boothbay Region Chamber of Commerce Director Rick Prose.

"Some of these people have cut their vacation short and left early," said Town Manager Thomas Woodin.

{.. snip .. see URL for interview video of the sign owner ..}

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline unknown

Re: 'Black Rifles Matter' Sign Offends Tourists in Boothbay Harbor, Maine
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2016, 08:49:18 pm »

LOL -

Some of the people vacationing there said they had to leave because they were snowflakes and had to go find a safespace.

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)