Author Topic: G.O.P. Voters Urged to Select Dead Assemblyman in New York Race [UPDATE: he won]  (Read 953 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/13/nyregion/gop-voters-urged-to-select-dead-assemblyman-in-new-york-race.html?_r=0

by Vivian Yee
September 12, 2016

Voters are being urged to cast their ballots for a dead man. Three men in a room are preparing to pick his political heir. The funeral has yet to be held, but the struggle to replace him is already on.

Bill Nojay, who was first elected to the Assembly in 2012 and was a prominent cheerleader for Donald J. Trump, was supposed to have little trouble on Tuesday. He was, however, fending off at least one federal investigation related to his business interests outside the Legislature.

Yet far from embracing (primary challenger Rick Milne, the mayor of the village of Honeoye Falls), as the last Republican in the race, local Republican and Conservative Party leaders are telling voters to stick with Mr. Nojay. If Mr. Nojay wins, election law states, Republican party leaders in the three counties that fall partly or fully within the 133rd Assembly District — Livingston, Monroe and Steuben — will choose someone to run as the general-election Republican candidate in his place. They have until 10 days after his death to do so, or about a week after the primary on Tuesday. If he loses to his challenger, Mr. Milne will simply claim the nomination.

(excerpted)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 02:04:41 am by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: G.O.P. Voters Urged to Select Dead Assemblyman in New York Race
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2016, 02:58:20 am »
#NewYorkValues

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2016, 03:18:09 am »
What a bunch of corrupt jerks. To hell with the vote of the people. The party wants to hand pick their own crook.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2016, 03:58:26 am »
Bill Nojay was under investigation by the FBI, and he shot himself the day he was due in court to face fraud charges.

Despite playing up conservative values, he was an insider under several corruption inquiries and a huge Trump supporter.

My guess is they want another Trump insider rather than the locally focused Milne.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

geronl

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2016, 10:32:53 am »
The GOP has become a clone of the Democrats

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
So I guess in NY, Dead politicians WIN elections and in Chicago it's dead voters who ELECT politicians.

Ahhhh, the oligarchy that rules us.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online corbe

How much 'Influence' did Trump BUY from this guy?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2016, 02:32:50 am »
#NewYorkValues

Lots of Trump faithful on TOS railed on me mercilessly because I dared trash 'New York Values" as espoused by Donald. The fact that I was born there, raised there, spent literally half of my life there and left in part because 'New York Values" nauseated me, meant I was unqualified to speak about them.

Imagine that.

New Your Values advocates should take a trip inside the Blue Line to see what Trump's liberal partners/cohorts in liberal NYS Government did to a once thriving area within 30 years. The sights you'll see as to what remains there looks a lot like the poorer areas of Detroit.

For those unwilling to drive up, just use Google Earth and see for yourselves what 'New York Values would look like on a national scale.