Author Topic: Clinton’s reluctance to drink water causing tension with her staff: report  (Read 5982 times)

Offline Victoria33

@mystery-ak

Thanks for the doc icon.  You are a special lady with major guts to "ride herd" on this forum.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
@mystery-ak

Thanks for the doc icon.  You are a special lady with major guts to "ride herd" on this forum.

It's easy with people like you...and I mean that.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Millee

Anecdotal, but my MIL has Parkinson's and has been hospitalized twice for dehydration.  Her reason is she "forgets" to drink it.   :shrug:

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
Here's the video of the impromptu press conference on her plane, which ended in a coughing fit. Some things I noticed at the time and wondered about, and which have come back into focus now with this talk of her not liking to drink water. Maybe it means something, maybe it doesn't...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQb6fU7g6yI

The coughing fit starts at about 7:50 into the video. But leading up to it, note that she seems to become increasingly distressed as she talks, and has a couple of big swallows just before the coughing starts. Then, after it starts, she turns away from the reporters and asks for water. Someone hands her a capped water bottle, which she takes and then immediately offers back. Then someone hands her a glass of water, which she holds onto, but which she is not able to drink from while the cameras are rolling.  Maybe she couldn't drink from it at that point, until the coughing settled down.

The coughing and the aversion to drinking water could be because she is having difficulty swallowing, caused by... whatever might cause that.
Let it burn.

Offline Victoria33

@Ghost Bear

The first cough she has on that film, is productive - you can hear a rumble of something moving in her chest, so she coughed up phlegm.  The following coughs seem more dry, nonproductive.  Allergy produces phlegm as well as colds, flu, pneumonia, and numerous other illness, plus any outside agent that irritates the throat, the bronchi, the lungs. 

Since we are speaking medically, let's see if I can find the NEW icon and post it,  doctor emoticon***

Offline chae

Well, my mother doesn't like to drink water.  She much prefers juice, milk, soda, and tea.  She says that she doesn't like that it has no taste, so it's hard for me to put any stock in this other than that she has hydration preferences.

Wingnut

doctor emoticon***

Cute little fellar.  But if he touches me one more time with that cold stethoscope I'm gonna shove it where the sun don't shine.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
doctor emoticon***

Cute little fellar.  But if he touches me one more time with that cold stethoscope I'm gonna shove it where the sun don't shine.

***ambulance......... *****doctor
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline beandog

Well, my mother doesn't like to drink water.  She much prefers juice, milk, soda, and tea.  She says that she doesn't like that it has no taste, so it's hard for me to put any stock in this other than that she has hydration preferences.
I never drink water either.  Really don't like it, never have.  I have tried to like it but it makes me feel bloated and gross.  It also either doesn't taste like anything or tastes nasty.  It also doesn't quench my thirst.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
If she has Parkinsons she would avoid water because she has trouble swallowing, and it chokes her.

(tinfoil cap back off now... maybe.  Who knows when it comes to the Toons.)

I did notice that someone handed her a bottle of water when she was coughing and she kind of waved it away and someone else handed her a glass.  She may just hate to drink out of a bottle ... I do, myself.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Victoria said, "If we had to live our lives in public, I expect we would want to bug out and leave the public eye, especially if we were not functioning okay.   :bighug:
« Last Edit: Today at 10:30:59 AM by Victoria33 »
Report to moderator     Logged

But, but, but   Hillary does not have to live her life in public and, in fact, she hates it.  That's why I wonder why she is so driven to do this.  She's not like McCain and all those other old fools who refuse to leave the places they've roosted all these years.  Those people enjoy what they are doing and their senate life is a happy place for them.  They may have a family life but it is a back burner life.

Hillary is not like that at all.  She has no compadres except maybe Huma.  She doesn't like people...she is constantly rude to them, has been since she was first lady.  She would probably like nothing better than to be alone without demands, to enjoy her daughter.  It's really sad that she is so driven to kill herself to get something she would not enjoy and would be horrible at.

Perhaps this is the thing called Karma. 

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Sometimes there is something the doctors don't catch.  My husband died ... in the hospital .. and none of the doctors there realized the reason he couldn't swallow was that the swallowing mechanism was blocked and anything he ate or drank went into his lungs.

The last thing he was able to swallow happily was a martini that I snuck into the hospital for him.

Wingnut

The last thing he was able to swallow happily was a martini that I snuck into the hospital for him.

It is a standing order in our house. 

:martini:

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
I did notice that someone handed her a bottle of water when she was coughing and she kind of waved it away and someone else handed her a glass.  She may just hate to drink out of a bottle ... I do, myself.

She spit into the glass of water. I suspect she has trouble swallowing liquids
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
She spit into the glass of water. I suspect she has trouble swallowing liquids

Probably a cough drop.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
It is a standing order in our house. 

:martini:

There's something about a martini,
So mellow, so yellow, so pleasant,
I wish that I had one at present.

Ere dinner and dancing begin,
Some say it's vermouth,
But to tell you the truth,
I think that perhaps it's the gin.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I was sick last week, I thought about calling the hospital. My tonsils swelled up and I had extremely thick mucus. Felt like I was drowning in it at one point. Pretty scary. I could not swallow whatsoever.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
This may be bad advice, so don't take it, but I wish I had never taken my husband to the hospital.  They did so many painful and unnecessary things ... like inserting a feeding tube into a dying man.  If I had it to do over again, I would have let him die in peace at home.

Offline DiogenesLamp

If she has Parkinsons she would avoid water because she has trouble swallowing, and it chokes her.

(tinfoil cap back off now... maybe.  Who knows when it comes to the Toons.)

You are the first person in the thread to cite this valid medical reason why she avoids drinking water. 

Hillary does drink water,   but it has to be thickened by a packet of thickener added to it.    It has been noted that she refused to drink bottled water offered to her but would drink a glass of water which was handed to her by an aid. 

It has been suggested that the glass of water contained water that had been thickened by the addition of that packet which is designed for this medical usage.    When added to water,   it still looks clear,  but it makes the water congeal in such a way that it can be swallowed more easily by someone with an esophageal problem. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Online roamer_1

I was sick last week, I thought about calling the hospital. My tonsils swelled up and I had extremely thick mucus. Felt like I was drowning in it at one point. Pretty scary. I could not swallow whatsoever.

Dinner glass/ coffee cup.
1 finger of apple cider vinegar
1 dollop of honey (to taste)
fill with steaming hot water
stir to combine.
sip continuously.

Great as tonic daily, great for colds and flu. Vinegar cuts the crud, honey coats and soothes, vapor relieves sinus...

Offline ConstitutionRose

Sometimes there is something the doctors don't catch.  My husband died ... in the hospital .. and none of the doctors there realized the reason he couldn't swallow was that the swallowing mechanism was blocked and anything he ate or drank went into his lungs.

My Dad died essentially because he couldn't swallow.  He had Shy-Drager Syndrome and "forgot" how to swallow.  (The autonomic nervous system starts shutting things down.)
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Dinner glass/ coffee cup.
1 finger of apple cider vinegar
1 dollop of honey (to taste)
fill with steaming hot water
stir to combine.
sip continuously.

Great as tonic daily, great for colds and flu. Vinegar cuts the crud, honey coats and soothes, vapor relieves sinus...

Ahhhhhh should have tried this. Tried gargling salt water which worked ok, gargling vodka was horrible. Will have to remember this.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 08:02:04 pm by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

Offline ConstitutionRose

This may be bad advice, so don't take it, but I wish I had never taken my husband to the hospital.  They did so many painful and unnecessary things ... like inserting a feeding tube into a dying man.  If I had it to do over again, I would have let him die in peace at home.

Sorry, Emjay.  Didn't see your second post.  I understand exactly.  My Mom did the same with my Dad.  After, I saw his Medical Power of Attorney and realized tubes (and being what he saw as burdensome) was NOT what he wanted.  I did get him home in time to die in peace under his own roof.  At the cost of the relationship with my Mom for many years.  When it was her turn, she was stuck with me - at her request.  Why?  Because she knew I would do what she wanted.  I had already demonstrated that I was ready to go to the mat.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Online mountaineer

My Dad died essentially because he couldn't swallow.  He had Shy-Drager Syndrome and "forgot" how to swallow.  (The autonomic nervous system starts shutting things down.)
Similar to my father. His early onset Alzheimers/Lewy body variant left him without the ability (or the memory how) to swallow. As my mother did not want him to starve to death, she authorized a feeding tube. He died a while later of pneumonia but, of course, the real cause of his death was the dementia that destroyed his brain function.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

HonestJohn

She was probably thinking of Rubio's "water bottle" problem.