Author Topic: Donald Trump to Evangelicals: 1 John 4:12 Is What America Needs to Be Great Again  (Read 658 times)

Offline unknown

Donald Trump to Evangelicals: 1 John 4:12 Is What America Needs to Be Great Again

http://www.christianpost.com/news/donald-trump-evangelicals-1-john-412-bible-america-needs-to-be-great-again-frc-vvs-values-voter-169372/

Samuel Smith
September 9, 2016

While courting religious conservatives and evangelicals Friday afternoon, Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump vowed to protect and defend America's Christian heritage and asserted that the message from 1 John 4:12 is what America needs to model itself after, if it hopes to truly be great again.

Speaking at the Family Research Council's Values Voters Summit, Trump began his 45-minute speech by thanking evangelicals for their support in the primary elections and vowed to make it up to evangelicals if he is elected president.

"I'm going to make it up to you too, you watch," Trump said. "There are no more decent, devoted, or selfless people than our Christians brothers and sisters here in the United States."

"Your values of love, charity and faith built this nation," Trump continued. "So how can it be that our media treats people of faith so poorly? One of the reasons is that our politicians have
 really abandoned you, to a large extent. And Hillary Clinton, you can forget about her."

Trump promised that under his administration, "our Christian heritage will be cherished, protected, defended, like you have never seen before."

But as Trump and many Americans feel that the nation has become extremely divided, Trump contended that it can only be America's "faith in God" and "His teachings" that will reunite the country. He stressed that "we all come from the same Creator" and if Americans can remember that fact, "then our future is truly limitless."

{.. snip ..}

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Exactly what America needs.

Offline sinkspur

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.