Author Topic: Democrats wonder and worry: Why isn’t Clinton far ahead of Trump?  (Read 572 times)

Offline unknown

Democrats wonder and worry: Why isn’t Clinton far ahead of Trump?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/democrats-wonder-and-worry-why-isnt-clinton-far-ahead-of-trump/2016/09/09/543f3342-7693-11e6-8149-b8d05321db62_story.html

Anne Gearan, Jenna Johnson and John Wagner
September 9, 2016 

NEW YORK — With Election Day less than two months away, Democrats are increasingly worried that Hillary Clinton has not built a formidable lead against Donald Trump despite his historic weaknesses as a national party candidate.

Even the Democratic nominee’s advisers acknowledge that she must make changes, and quickly. Clinton leads Trump by a mere three percentage points, having fallen from her high of nine points in August, according to the latest Real Clear Politics average. That tightening has frustrated many Clinton allies and operatives, who are astonished that she isn’t running away with this race given Trump’s deep unpopularity and never-ending stream of controversial comments.

“Generally, I’m concerned, frankly,” said former Democratic Senate leader Thomas A. Daschle (S.D.). “It still looks positive, and I think if you look at the swing states and where she is right now, she’s got a lead. But it’s certainly not in the bag. We have two months to go, and I think it’s going to be a competitive race all the way through. I would say she’s got at least a 60 percent chance of winning.”

At the same time, Daschle said, “all the things that Trump has done, the numbers should be far more explicitly in her favor, but they’re not.”

{.. snip ..}

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline unknown

Re: Democrats wonder and worry: Why isn’t Clinton far ahead of Trump?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2016, 12:23:34 am »

“Hillary Clinton needs to win, but she needs a victory which will allow her to say the American public has voted for an agenda that they want her to implement,” he said.

Yea, like throwing all the Christians in jail!

She has said she will use the force of government to force Christians to go against their beliefs!

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline Fantom

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2016, 01:00:39 am »

Because they both suck?  :shrug:
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

geronl

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2016, 01:01:56 am »
Why would one get a big lead when they are almost identical. There just just isn't enough of a difference.

geronl

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2016, 01:02:56 am »
Yea, like throwing all the Christians in jail!

She has said she will use the force of government to force Christians to go against their beliefs!

Trump will support the left too. You'll bake that cake, you'll let men in the little girls bathroom... Trump supports those things.