Author Topic: Friday Evening Vanity - "I love shooting"  (Read 1286 times)

Offline SquirrelCutter

• Hey Moe, I'm tryin' to think but nothin' happens!
    • My homepage over on FR, if things continue as current I may find a new host.
Friday Evening Vanity - "I love shooting"
« on: September 09, 2016, 10:52:05 pm »
I love shooting. I've been shooting since, not sure, maybe 4 or so. My old grandpa took me out into the country in Pottawatomie County, up in Oklahoma, and put a .22 rifle in my hands and told me to shoot at "that beer can over there in the ditch." I probably didn't hit it, but I got a big hug anyway.

My old daddy put a 12 gauge double-barrel in my hands when I was about 8 because I told him I could handle it. Yeah, I've made a few bad decisions in my day. I thought my momma was gonna deevorce him for that, but I asked for it.

I have libtard associates who are all "guns are scary, guns are bad, guns are evil" and all that crap. None of mine ever jumped out of the holster and shot somebody. There is no such thing as an "accidental discharge" there are only "negligent discharges." Ask anybody with a lick of sense.

The Second Amendment ain't about hunting. It is about self-defense. All that "well regulated militia" stuff is how our beautiful America was created. The word "regulated" meant trained, not maintained by the government, that is why they were called Regulars. That is a little known fact nowdays. When our country was wrassled away from the Redcoats it was done by 3% of our countrymen. The rest may have wanted Independence, but they did not take up arms to make it happen. There is a whole movement these days called Three Percenters, that is what they are about. Just think, if 3% of Americans who are gun owners were called out, that would be around 3 million people. When guns are outlawed, the Feds are going to have to kill those 3 million. No two ways about it.

I went to the range yesterday, TargetBastards over here in Garland, put a few downrange. I love that. I'm no expert, got shit as far as real training goes, but I can usually out-shoot the rest of the firing line. One time some chick was next to me doing hole-on-hole with a Glock, very well taught. I'm just an old country boy, but I can hit a 3" circle at 7 yards most of the time with a handgun. So much fun. I'm rarely ever as relaxed as when I walk out of the range, pay my fee, and jump in the White Whale to return home.

Good times, my friends, good times. Carry on, and carry everywhere.

"Do right, and risk the consequences" -- Old Sam Houston

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

I tend to say what I think, sometimes before I think.

And, as always, my opinions are worth exactly what you pay for them.

Offline NavyCanDo

Re: Friday Evening Vanity - "I love shooting"
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2016, 01:40:53 am »

A real blessing is that my wife also loves shooting, even to the point of searching the web for upcoming gun shows. And for my 14 year old autistic son it is a great family bonding time for him when we go shooting. Especially when we go to a honey-hole instead of a range, where he can shoot at "fun stuff" rather than punch holes in paper. He loves shooting the stuffed animals his grandparents who still think he's 3, give him. Don't tell grandpa.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 05:27:46 am by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline SquirrelCutter

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2016, 02:56:07 pm »
LOL, awesome!

A Springfield fan, I see.  :beer:
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 02:56:23 pm by SquirrelCutter »

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2016, 09:20:32 pm »
LOL, awesome!

A Springfield fan, I see.  :beer:

Yes, and S&W which I like too. The Glock is my wife's. The G43 has a horrible trigger.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline SquirrelCutter

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2016, 10:05:44 pm »
I had Springfield put a trigger in my XD-40, not the real scary one but the "carry" version. It is almost too light, but very smooth. In spite of the snap of a .40 I shoot it better than my Glock 19. I'm thinking about having a trigger and some sights put on that since it is what I carry most of the time. Lighter than the XD and a few more rounds, yeah.

Stay safe Navy. And Never Forget.

--George Washington