Author Topic: A Sad Indictment Of Military Intelligence In The Obama Era  (Read 279 times)

rangerrebew

A Sad Indictment Of Military Intelligence In The Obama Era
« on: September 09, 2016, 11:25:32 am »
Sep 8, 2016 @ 12:46 PM 346 views
The Little Black Book of Billionaire Secrets
A Sad Indictment Of Military Intelligence In The Obama Era

Capital Flows , 

Contributor

Guest commentary curated by Forbes Opinion.

Opinions expressed by Forbes Contributors are their own.

Guest post written by

Fritz Corrigan

Mr. Corrigan, a former U.S. Army intelligence officer, is the retired founding president and CEO of the Mosaic Company.

Donald Trump speaks with ‘Today’ show co-anchor Matt Lauer at the NBC Commander-In-Chief Forum held at the Intrepid Sea, Air and Space museum aboard the decommissioned aircraft carrier Intrepid, New York, Wednesday, Sept. 7, 2016. (AP Photo/Evan Vucci)

I learned several key life lessons during the time I spent as a U.S. Army intelligence officer, but among the most important was that a commanding officer’s example colors his or her subordinates’ actions. I took this insight with me into the corporate world after I left the service. Whether it’s on the battlefield or in the boardroom, the tone at the top exerts a strong influence on an entire team.

So I wasn’t surprised earlier this month when Congress released its initial findings on the intelligence community’s response to the Islamic State.

The report, issued by members of the House Armed Services Committee and the House Intelligence Committee, determined that senior intelligence officials at U.S. Central Command deliberately painted a false picture of the United States’ campaign against the Islamic State. Specifically, they made it appear as if America’s actions were more effective at weakening the Islamic State than they actually were.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/realspin/2016/09/08/a-sad-indictment-of-military-intelligence-in-the-obama-era/#1e4245831bcf
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 11:26:30 am by rangerrebew »