Author Topic: The Widely-Praised 'Flight 93 Election' Essay Is Dishonest And Stupid - by Ben Shapiro  (Read 2664 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
This week, an extraordinarily lengthy piece at the Claremont Review of Books launched into those conservatives who will not vote for Donald Trump. The piece has gotten heavy media play from Trump voters, who apparently distribute it on the tenth-grade sensibility that essay length substitutes for quality. The piece is a shoddy straw man, filled with outright misrepresentations and silly analogies. It’s pure, unadulterated Trumpsterism masquerading as high-minded conservatism, all wrapped up in the pseudo-philosophical language of misinterpreted virtù.....

http://www.dailywire.com/news/8985/widely-praised-flight-93-election-essay-dishonest-ben-shapiro?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_content=062316-news&utm_campaign=benshapiro

Offline skeeter

"Decentralization and federalism, combined with a renewed societal focus on virtue implemented at a familial and communal level, are the solution to an encroaching federal government. They are the only solution."

The CRUX of the matter.

Wingnut

Okay...and this, which you must click on the link above to get the rest of it.  So worth it.

So well done, Ben Shapiro.  Bravo!

He is the real deal.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I'm only in the middle of this marvelous column by Ban Shapiro, but I had to stop and post this quote:

Reminds me of a disagreement I had right here the other day with someone who said we are not facing a battle of Conservative versus Liberal and Constitutional Conservatism was not the solution (but an obstacle ~ implied)

Offline roamer_1

From the article:

There are good arguments for voting Trump. But this diarrheic mess of jabbering drivel by a faux-intellectual substituting classical references for wisdom ain’t it.

LOL! Shapiro says it all.

HonestJohn

Offline goatprairie

What is exceptionally irritating is when the Trumpsters set up all their straw men..."we had to vote for your candidates in 2008  and 2012"
as if every anti-Trumper wanted McCain or Romney.
"you supported all the Republican congressmen who were for open borders and didn't oppose Obama"
most of the candidates opposing Trump were not even in the fed. government...many were governors....Carly Fiorina was from the business world. Cruz was one of the biggest opponents of the growth of gov., open borders,  and the most promising conservative candidate in decades.
"you're all allied with rich interests and don't care about the average American"
All but  a tiny pct. of the people who voted against Trump in the primaries were just average Pubbies not aligned with any wealthy clique.
"Trump is the conservative savior."
Trump has been a "conservative"  for about five minutes. That might change.
In short, the  guy who wrote this screed is a huge liar. And he's certainly not a conservative. And Rush ought to be ashamed for airing it and not countering the nonsense.

Offline Frank Cannon

What follows is, to paraphrase Cicero, incoherent, mind-numbing horseshit.

Pretty much my impression when this garbage was posted a few days ago. After a few pages I felt like I was reading the ramblings of a mental patient with hypergraphia scribbling manically on his walls.