Author Topic: White House Watch: Clinton 43%, Trump 39%, Johnson 9%, Green 2%  (Read 401 times)

Offline ScottinVA

White House Watch: Clinton 43%, Trump 39%, Johnson 9%, Green 2%
« on: September 08, 2016, 12:50:11 pm »
Rasmussen Reports

Thursday, September 08, 2016

The seesaw battle between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump finds the Democratic nominee back in the lead.

The latest Rasmussen Reports weekly White House Watch national telephone and online survey shows Clinton with 43% support to Donald Trump’s 39%. Libertarian candidate Gary Johnson gets nine percent (9%) of the vote, and Green Party candidate Jill Stein earns two percent (2%). Another two percent (2%) like some other candidate, and five percent (5%) are undecided. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

Last week, Trump edged ahead of Clinton 40% to 39%. It was the first time he had been in the lead since mid-July. The latest finding is Clinton’s best showing in a month, but the race remains a close one, within or just outside our survey’s +/- 3 margin of error for months.

Clinton earns 78% support among Democratic voters, while 75% of Republicans favor Trump. The two are basically tied among voters not affiliated with either major party, a group Trump has led in for the past several weeks.

Johnson has the support of eight percent (8%) of Republicans, seven percent (7%) of Democrats and 13% of unaffiliateds. Green has no statistical support among GOP voters but wins the backing of one percent (1%) of Democrats and four percent (4%) of unaffiliated voters.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2016/white_house_watch

The realities of post-Labor Day polling may be taking shape.  Trump's performance at last night's Commander-in-Chief forum won't do him any favors either.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 12:51:07 pm by ScottinVA »

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: White House Watch: Clinton 43%, Trump 39%, Johnson 9%, Green 2%
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2016, 07:12:24 pm »
The realities of post-Labor Day polling may be taking shape.  Trump's performance at last night's Commander-in-Chief forum won't do him any favors either.

After today, I see Johnson's 9% shrinking, any chance of him joining the debate stage poofed.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 07:13:04 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline ScottinVA

Re: White House Watch: Clinton 43%, Trump 39%, Johnson 9%, Green 2%
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2016, 07:19:26 pm »
After today, I see Johnson's 9% shrinking, any chance of him joining the debate stage poofed.

It'll drop further, after that "what's Aleppo" gaffe.