Author Topic: Rush: After Summer of Hate, Trump Leads Hillary by Two Points in CNN Poll!  (Read 1271 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2016/09/06/after_summer_of_hate_trump_leads_hillary_by_two_points_in_cnn_poll

After Summer of Hate, Trump Leads Hillary by Two Points in CNN Poll!
September 06, 2016

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH:  It is so good to be back. I cannot tell you how happy I am to be back, and I've been champing at the bit.  I almost called everybody in yesterday, and I realized I wouldn't be able to find everybody.  So I've been chomping at the bit all day, and here we are, folks, back at it.

And according to the usual conventional wisdom it's now after Labor Day, which means the campaign has really begun, which means that Trump is the in the lead, in no less than a CNN poll.  He's up by two points, it's margin of error.  This is stunning when you consider the firepower in what I call the summer of hate. The summer of hate, the hatred directed at Trump, when you look at all of the firepower from everywhere that you could find, every sector of the Drive-By Media has been launching one salvo after another at Trump. And then the paid supporters of Hillary have been running their ads as well.

But even without the ads just the tenor and the tone and the substance of the Drive-By Media coverage, Trump ought to be at 20% and dead. And Trump hasn't spent much money at all, and yet he has now edged ahead.  CNN is reporting this, their headline: "Nine Weeks Out, a Near Even Race," which of course is not what the headline should have been.  The headline should have been something like: "Presidential Poll: Donald Trump Pulls Ahead of Hillary Clinton Despite Our Best Efforts."

It's incredible.  It is incredible.

Now, you go with the flow on the polls.  I can't tell you the number of people: "Rush, do you really think the polls are right?"  I tell you what my answer is.  Yes, I believe 'em.  It's too risky to choose to select the poll you want to believe one day and ignore one the next.  It doesn't make any sense.  You gotta go with what they report.  It's the path of least resistance and it generally is accurate.

I mean, there's some obviously outlier polls which get it wrong. And even some of the highbrows, some of the highly respected polls get it wrong. And of course polling data is used to make news rather than reflect it.  We all know that.  But it's simpler to go with it.  This could be -- you know, if you believe in fake polls, this could be fake, and it could be fake designed to get everybody all revved up and hepped up and the next CNN poll is gonna show Hillary up by five and you get depressed and so forth.

I don't want to play that game.  I don't want to get into that kind of analysis.  We'll just take it as it comes.  "Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton start the race to November 8 on essentially even ground, with Trump edging Clinton by a scant two points --"  You would think that Trump's had a 20-point lead and it's down to two points, the way they write this.  Trump has come back, depending the poll you look at, to down 12, down seven, down five, and now he's up two.

And in a Reuters/Ipsos poll: "Trump Catches Up to Clinton -- Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump has pulled into an effective tie with Democratic rival Hillary Clinton."  And if you take a snapshot of the two candidates, one of them looks towering, one of them looks strong, decisive, and dare I say even presidential on occasion, and the other one can't stop coughing.  The other one barely shows up. 

END TRANSCRIPT
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: Rush: After Summer of Hate, Trump Leads Hillary by Two Points in CNN Poll!
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 05:40:21 pm »
I'm not sure how being within the margin of error is anything to brag about. He is going up against the second most disliked and untrustworthy Presidential candidate in our lifetimes. One so ill, she can't even finish a speech or a press conference. One whose name is synonymous with corruption.  One, who, in all intents and purposes, should be considered a joke. He is facing a Democrat party that is highly divided as well...

The only reason why this isn't a 20 point race is, even though he is going against all that, the one person people perceive as worse is Trump himself.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 05:43:39 pm »
..and just to make my prior point stick a little bit.

As a benchmark- Richard Nixon's highest disapproval rating was 49% - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_approval_rating

Hillary Clinton's current disapproval rating is 58% - http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/pollster/hillary-clinton-favorable-rating

Trump's current disapproval is 60% - http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/gallup-trump-disapproval-at-record-60/article/2581987

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 07:47:02 pm »
Pathetic to even read what a ridiculous shill Limbaugh has become in order to push a NYC Liberal Democrat against another NY Liberal Leftist.

Soooo glad I canceled by subscription and stopped listening. 

How the mighty have fallen.

Trump has indeed been a Trojan horse unlike any other.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775