Author Topic: Schlafly sees potential for a fresh ‘conservative revolution’ with Trump  (Read 752 times)

Offline unknown

Schlafly sees potential for a fresh ‘conservative revolution’ with Trump

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/sep/4/phyllis-schlafly-sees-donald-trump-conservative-re/

Jennifer Harper
September 4, 2016

Arriving Tuesday: “The Conservative Case for Trump,” by constitutional lawyer and Eagle Forum founder Phyllis Schlafly and co-authors Ed Martin and Brett Decker. The trio have declared that “a surprising conservative choice” for president is none other than GOP nominee Donald Trump. Both Newt Gingrich and Laura Ingraham give the work a thumbs up.

“If you can’t stand Hillary Clinton, but wonder if you could vote for Donald Trump, you need to buy this book,” Regnery Publishing advises.

“For the first time since 1980, a significant number of Republicans are considering abandoning their party’s nominee,” the book notes, deeming this phenomenon a “grave mistake.” Mrs. Schlafly and company say the Trump brand of “radical redirection” could actually set America back on the path of Ronald Reagan’s conservative revolution.

“Like Reagan, Trump, if elected, will inherit an America on the ropes, an America transformed into an unhappy, unprosperous, weakened, and divided nation,” the authors note.

They look beyond the political theater and partisan outrage of the election season and cite the potential impact of Mr. Trump’s appointees to the Supreme Court, his immigration policy and his plan for an economic revival — which they compare to the “Reagan boom of the 1980s.” The book also praises Mr. Trump’s defense of the First Amendment against an outspoken Left, and why the GOP nominee’s “fresh thinking” on defense could neutralize the threat of terrorism.

{.. snip ..}

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline roamer_1

*SNORT*! And all that without a single Conservative attribute.

Parlor tricks.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
*SNORT*! And all that without a single Conservative attribute.

Parlor tricks.

Any conservative revolution will be in spite of Trump.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

TTTT