Author Topic: Kaepernick jersey sales soar to #1 after anthem controversy  (Read 1444 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kaepernick jersey sales soar to #1 after anthem controversy
« on: September 05, 2016, 05:43:03 pm »

By Katie Dowd Updated 9:53 am, Sunday, September 4, 2016

Despite the outrage on your Facebook feed, it seems Colin Kaepernick's decision not to stand during the national anthem has proven a popular one.

As noted by former Mercury News reporter Mike Rosenberg, Kap's jersey has almost overnight gone from the 20th-most popular shirt in the 49ers store to the No. 1 pick.

more
http://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/Kaepernick-jersey-sales-soar-anthem-controversy-9202751.php
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Wingnut

Re: Kaepernick jersey sales soar to #1 after anthem controversy
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2016, 06:00:59 pm »
Bought them up So they can burn it.

Offline flowers

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2016, 06:29:35 pm »
I never thought I would live long enough to see this day. Yet here I am.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2016, 07:22:38 pm »
The jersey must be a big favorite, with "white guilt" folks. WSJWs

They want to show their "solidarity" and how they are "down" for brutha Colon K.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2016, 07:32:53 pm »

Despite the outrage on your Facebook feed, it seems Colin Kaepernick's decision not to stand during the national anthem has proven a popular one.

As noted by former Mercury News reporter Mike Rosenberg, Kap's jersey has almost overnight gone from the 20th-most popular shirt in the 49ers store to the No. 1 pick.

more
http://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/Kaepernick-jersey-sales-soar-anthem-controversy-9202751.php
To have a Jersey from a player with a short, controversial career? They'll be common as cat crap and worth twice as much.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2016, 03:45:34 am »
Amazingly, on sport radio I believe it was, they were saying something that I kind of said prior.

The NFL, it's not a strict rule but in general, you have a bunch of white folks watching a lot of black athletes, so when someone like CK goes political, a lot of those people in the stands won't relate, may not like it.

I'll add on, it's long been maligned but that sport where they kick the ball around, let's just say, the demographics seem a bit different.

In saying that, sport is, yes, for everyone!

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2016, 03:47:37 am »
Same thing with the Redskins, folks like the football; not the social justice warriors (SJWs) saying "that symbol is racist". My gosh, what is America coming to!

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2016, 04:40:36 pm »

more

Our dogs gotta urinate on something......
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2016, 05:25:53 pm »
Same thing with the Redskins, folks like the football; not the social justice warriors (SJWs) saying "that symbol is racist". My gosh, what is America coming to!
It took over seven years for the NCAA to finally force the University of North Dakota to drop the "Fighting Sioux" nickname and logo, the logo designed by Bennet Brien (who is American Indian), approved by the Spirit Lake Sioux Tribal Elders, and a tribute to a warrior culture.

I guess the folks at the NCAA decided the Native Americans were too something to be offended, so they'd be offended for them.

Then the SJWs started in on the Redskins.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2016, 06:30:34 pm »
Any bets how many more players from how many more NFL teams join KP this next Sunday?   And where is this going and where will it all end?  Maybe this.   "Ladies and Gentlemen, if you wish we invite you to rise for the playing of the National Anthem".
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2016, 07:37:36 pm »

Possible scenario: Thousands of season ticket holders, decide to not renew for next season. Send note, saying this was a straw that broke their backs.

League holds special meeting, to consider rules about "harm to the team, the league," etc. And ask if any owner wants to void Colon K.'s contract?

An average American does NOT think getting paid $20 million per anum, is a hostice condition, or that some discrimination harmed the recipient.

Black two term President is further proof of the ridiculous nature of the protest.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

geronl

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2016, 07:42:12 pm »
The media and schools have convinced a lot of yutes out there that America is a horrible place