Author Topic: Obama defends Kaepernick: ‘Tough’ for the military, but maybe people will see he has a point  (Read 623 times)

rangerrebew

Obama defends Kaepernick: ‘Tough’ for the military, but maybe people will see he has a point
September 5, 2016 | Carmine Sabia | Print Article   

President Obama finally spoke out on San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick’s decision to not stand for the national anthem.

“I don’t doubt his sincerity, based on what I’ve heard,” the president said at during a press conference at the G20 economic summit in China on Monday. “I think he cares about some real legitimate issues that have to be talked about. If nothing else, what he’s done is he’s generated more conversation about some topics that need to be talked about.”

Obama admitted that seeing someone sit for the national anthem as a “tough thing” for the military but that Kaepernick was merely exercising his “constitutional right to make a statement.”

Read more: http://www.bizpacreview.com/2016/09/05/obama-weighs-kaepernick-tough-military-maybe-people-will-see-point-387116#ixzz4JOQ8utj2

rangerrebew

Since when has Obama given a rat's *ss about what anyone in the military thinks or feels? :peeonobama:

Offline NavyCanDo

Since when has Obama given a rat's *ss about what anyone in the military thinks or feels? :peeonobama:

We have had a black President for going on eight years and a black head of the Justice Department. If they want to protest injustice of black people, why not start there with their anger? Then they can protest the black fathers who do not raise their kids.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 05:21:19 pm by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
What if Obama was asked about something David Duke said:

“I don’t doubt his sincerity, based on what I’ve heard,” the president said at during a press conference at the G20 economic summit in China on Monday. “I think he cares about some real legitimate issues that have to be talked about. If nothing else, what he’s done is he’s generated more conversation about some topics that need to be talked about.”

Offline Applewood

Why does Obama have to comment on every event?  After almost 8 years,  no one, but his most ardent admirers, really cares what he says anymore. 

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Just checked the Obama countdown clock. 136 day and 22 hours. :peeonobama:
Principles matter. Words matter.