Author Topic: Why Mitch McConnell’s strategy to quash the tea party is working  (Read 834 times)

Offline unknown

Why Mitch McConnell’s strategy to quash the tea party is working
« on: September 04, 2016, 04:12:20 pm »

Why Mitch McConnell’s strategy to quash the tea party is working

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2016/09/01/why-mitch-mcconnells-strategy-to-quash-the-tea-party-is-working/

Paul Kane
September 1, 2016

Senate Republicans, for the second straight election cycle, have surrendered none of their primary fights to conservative challengers.

In doing so, they left conservative hard-liners without a single banner victory to claim as their own in recent years. And Sen. Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) increased his chances of keeping the Senate in Republican hands in 2017 by ensuring that his crop of nominees is more palatable to general-election voters.

{.. snip ..}

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

geronl

Re: Why Mitch McConnell’s strategy to quash the tea party is working
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2016, 04:13:51 pm »
Trump is the main part of that stomping of the TEA Party.

You could not get more anti-TEA Party than Trump

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2016, 04:19:52 pm »
At least McConnell's doing something constructive to try and prevent another DNC lock on Congress and the White House, unlike Trump and his sycophants.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2016, 08:32:37 pm »
Maybe the Tea Party had something to so with it's own demise..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2016, 08:47:38 pm »
In a way. It trusted Republicans to have the same goals and keep promises.
It is increasingly obvious the GOP has no room for Conservatives. Time to get the Constitution Party on the boards.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2016, 08:59:23 pm »
In a way. It trusted Republicans to have the same goals and keep promises.
It is increasingly obvious the GOP has no room for Conservatives. Time to get the Constitution Party on the boards.

Stop it.. Maybe had the Tea Party back sane candidates instead of people like the loon from Nevada or the Wicked Witch of Delaware or moron from Indiana..  Also stopped attacking Republican and ATTACKING DEMOCRATS..
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 08:59:42 pm by kevindavis »
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2016, 09:26:08 pm »
No.  But the GOP leadership is his equal in that area.  I still suspect that IRS targeting was a bipartisan effort.  What else explains the fact that there were no consequences.  Just theater.

Exhibit A is the Texas Congressional delegation, with the exception of Ted, Louie, and a few others. The rest of them voted for Boehner, then Ryan. They're banking on solidifying their position in 2018, during the off-term elections.

That's where the fight needs to occur, in the 2018 primaries.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2016, 11:07:30 pm »

Stop it.. Maybe had the Tea Party back sane candidates instead of people like the loon from Nevada or the Wicked Witch of Delaware or moron from Indiana..  Also stopped attacking Republican and ATTACKING DEMOCRATS..

Seems to me the Republican Party is morphing into the old Democrat Party right in front of our eyes. If trump wins, I guess we will know in a year or two for sure.

One way or the other.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2016, 11:12:38 pm »

A certain segment anyway.

To me it was always about smaller government and lower taxes.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2016, 12:30:05 am »
Tea Party dead?  Really??

..."So next time you hear someone say “the Tea Party is dead,” you can tell them it’s actually alive, thriving and has at least one major national organization that weathered the IRS storm and remains a powerful force for free markets and limited government: my friends at Tea Party Patriots.

- See more at: https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/09/how-a-grassroots-game-changer-rose-out-of-the-tea-party-movement#sthash.meT699ye.dpuf
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.