Author Topic: House conservatives plot coup against Paul Ryan  (Read 328 times)

Offline unknown

House conservatives plot coup against Paul Ryan
« on: September 04, 2016, 03:52:43 pm »

House conservatives plot coup against Paul Ryan

Gulp. Here they go again.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/paul-ryan-conservative-coup_us_57c4c63ae4b0664f13ca3715

08/30/2016
Matt Fuller 

House Speaker Paul Ryan’s re-election to his leadership post in January is fast turning into a potential showdown between establishment Republicans and conservatives looking to weaken the speaker and win changes to House rules.

Conservatives don’t have enough votes to oust Ryan (R-Wis.). But they say their coup movement shows his hold on the speakership is far more tenuous than he realizes. Denying Ryan re-election on the first ballot would undermine his political future and cast him as a conservative pariah, they say, and may give conservatives leverage to enact rules changes that would help them push their agenda for years.

“If he loses the speaker election, he’s not going to be president,” one conservative member told The Huffington Post on Monday.

{.. snip ..} 

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

geronl

Re: House conservatives plot coup against Paul Ryan
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2016, 03:56:12 pm »
Maybe Trump can save his RiNO buddy