Author Topic: Christian Pastor Gives Donald Trump a Jewish Prayer Shawl, Riles Confused Internet.  (Read 2368 times)

Wingnut

Christian Pastor Gives Donald Trump a Jewish Prayer Shawl, Riles Confused Internet

Trump, who was in Detroit in a bid  to win over minority voters, addressed the congregation and at the end of his remarks Bishop Wayne Jackson, the pastor of the church carefully wrapped the tallit around Trump's shoulders as both men grinned broadly. 
"Let me just put this on you," Jackson said, as the crowd applauded approvingly. 
Jackson then handed Trump a Bible. “This is the Jewish Heritage Study bible and we have it especially for you, and we have one for your wife. Because when things go down, you can study the word of God. When things seem like it’s almost impossible, you read Mark 9:23, ‘If one canst believe, all things are possible.’” 
Presumably, the pastor has been keeping up with polling and predictions, giving Trump little chance of winning the November elections, and figured he could do with encouragement from a higher power.
According to its publisher, the Jewish Heritage Study Bible was inspired by the Detroit pastor who hosted Trump. Pastor Jackson, president and CEO of the Impact Network  “is teaching all of his people all of the Jewish traditions” 
The Jewish Heritage Study Bible “provides resources that illuminate and illustrate scriptures of the Jewish background” which “includes simple definitions of difficult words, an explanation of the Jewish names for God, and the significance of names … describes Jewish festivals, clarifies religious concepts, lists common Jewish prayers, and describes the Jewish beliefs regarding the last days and the Messianic age.” 
Trump’s visit to the church was an outreach effort to the African-American voters, a bloc that also has deep misgivings about his candidacy and according to polls, heavily favor Clinton. Those misgivings were expressed in protesters who demonstrated against his visit outside the church while the Republican candidate spoke. 
In his speech, Trump said "The African-American faith community has been one of God's greatest gifts to America and its people” and promised, if he were elected president, to implement economic and educational policies that would benefit their community. “I'm here today to learn,” Trump said in his speech, “so that we can together remedy injustice in any form, and so that we can also remedy economics so that the African-American community can benefit economically through jobs and income and so many other different ways."
The images of Trump in a tallit will presumably do little to improve Trump’s standing among Jewish American voters, who strongly favor Hillary Clinton over Trump. According to the latest Gallup data, Jews  favor Hillary Clinton over Donald Trump 52 to 23 percent.  
Despite the fact that Trump’s daughter Ivanka famously converted to Orthodox Judaism for her now-husband Jared Kushner and he has bragged of his Jewish grandchildren, repeatedly declared his support for Israel, many Jews are put off and deeply distressed for his campaign’s ties to the so-called “alt right” which includes white supremacist and anti-Semitic elements. 
Reaction to the images of Trump in his tallit on Twitter were swift, with some finding the move offensive.

read more: http://www.haaretz.com/world-news/u-s-election-2016/.premium-1.740062

Offline Frank Cannon

... many Jews are put off and deeply distressed for his campaign’s ties to the so-called “alt right” which includes white supremacist and anti-Semitic elements.

No they're not. They are just all dyed in the wool Marxists. Anyone ever remember a GOP candidate doing well with reformed Jews? It doesn't happen.

Offline sinkspur

In a 1991 book, one of Trump's former colleagues recalled him saying, "Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are little short guys that wear yarmulkes every day." (Trump called the things written about him in the book "probably true.")

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/8-of-the-sleaziest-things-donald-trump-has-said-20150616
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
... many Jews are put off and deeply distressed for his campaign’s ties to the so-called “alt right” which includes white supremacist and anti-Semitic elements.

No they're not. They are just all dyed in the wool Marxists. Anyone ever remember a GOP candidate doing well with reformed Jews? It doesn't happen.

True. It doesn't happen ever. Most American Jews are emotionally and genetically incapable of ever voting for a Republican under any circumstances. And no facts on Earth will ever change their minds.

You win the Big Prize...take your pick.

You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sinkspur

Trump's answer to the question:  "Who is God to you?"

HonestJohn

True. It doesn't happen ever. Most American Jews are emotionally and genetically incapable of ever voting for a Republican under any circumstances. And no facts on Earth will ever change their minds.

Wow.

Genetically incapable.

Where'd you pick that up from?

(yet another example of Trumpism at it 'finest')
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 10:15:10 pm by HonestJohn »

HonestJohn

This is on-par with an imam at a mosque handing out his version of the New Testament to pagans, explaining that it will teach them about Christianity.

It's not right.

Offline DiogenesLamp

They pull that racist crap on every Republican nominee.  That and the "They're stupid,  unlike our "smart"  Democrat candidate." 

Every Republican candidate since Eisenhower has been portrayed as "Racist"  and "Stupid",  including Reagan.   

Remember the "George Bush don't care about poor black folk in Louisiana!"   meme?   Totally forgotten this year when Louisiana got flooded again,  and Barack Obama went golfing.   

Fabricating memes is what the Propaganda arm of the Democratic party (also known as the "main stream media" )  do.   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

Most Jews are extremely Liberal,  but in fact,  most Jews are not really religious anymore either.  Conservative Jews with whom I communicate often enough call them "JINOS".  (Jews in name only.) 

The exception are the Orthodox.  They are conservative friends and allies,  and they overwhelmingly vote Republican.  (Indeed,  I think George Bush actually won Staten Island on the basis of their vote.)   

The good news is that Liberal Jews are dying off due to their secularism,  their abhorrence of having babies,  their support for homosexuality,  etc.  while the Orthodox are gaining in strength.   They are creating families and making babies,  and they are slowly overtaking secular Jews in power and influence. 

Shalom.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline sinkspur

The tallit is given to a Jewish boy at his bar-mitzvah.

May Trump learn to possess the maturity of a 13 year old.

Wingnut

The tallit is given to a Jewish boy at his bar-mitzvah.

May Trump learn to possess the maturity of a 13 year old.

And may Trumps mohel have epilepsy.

Offline sinkspur

Who wore it best?

Wingnut

« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 11:51:20 pm by Wingnut »

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Most Jews are extremely Liberal,  but in fact,  most Jews are not really religious anymore either.  Conservative Jews with whom I communicate often enough call them "JINOS".  (Jews in name only.) 

The exception are the Orthodox.  They are conservative friends and allies,  and they overwhelmingly vote Republican.  (Indeed,  I think George Bush actually won Staten Island on the basis of their vote.)   

The good news is that Liberal Jews are dying off due to their secularism,  their abhorrence of having babies,  their support for homosexuality,  etc.  while the Orthodox are gaining in strength.   They are creating families and making babies,  and they are slowly overtaking secular Jews in power and influence. 

Shalom.   

I know Staten Island pretty well. And I was at one time close with Lubavitchers there and in Crown Heights. So, I know exactly what you are talking about.

All of that is very true. I was going to go into all of that, but I know Myst does not like religious discussions so I consciously stopped myself from going too far. I didn't want to start a big Jewish argument on the thread.

However, I am quite capable of discussing the Jewish religion and the various observances of it. But, not here and not now.

I would imagine that this has more to do with some aspects of Black culture than it does Jewish or Christian culture. I mean by that, that there are several sects of Christianity and several Black groups who define themselves as the "Real Hebrews". As such, they may attempt to observe or emulate some aspects of Jewish culture. Wearing a Tallis in (yiddish), or a Taleet in (modern Hebrew), and therefore giving one to Trump may be an example of this.

Kol tov ve L'hitraot
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 02:47:58 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

HonestJohn

They pull that racist crap on every Republican nominee.  That and the "They're stupid,  unlike our "smart"  Democrat candidate." 

Every Republican candidate since Eisenhower has been portrayed as "Racist"  and "Stupid",  including Reagan.   

Remember the "George Bush don't care about poor black folk in Louisiana!"   meme?   Totally forgotten this year when Louisiana got flooded again,  and Barack Obama went golfing.   

Fabricating memes is what the Propaganda arm of the Democratic party (also known as the "main stream media" )  do.

That tag is not placed on all Republicans.  So far, it's really only been associated with Trump.

If it were true, you'd be able to pull up hundreds of stories on multiple GOP candidates stating just that.

---

There has been a concerted effort by the Trumpists here to make false statements bout the meaning and use of the term 'alt-right'.

Here's what Greg Johnson, the then editor of the Occidental Journal, had to say about the term... used by Richard Spencer, who founded the Alternative Right, had to say about it.

[Alternative Right] will attract the brightest 'young' conservatives and libertarians and expose them to far broader intellectual horizons, including race realism, White Nationalism, the European New Right, the Conservative Revolution, Traditionalism, neo-paganism, agrarianism, Third Positionism, anti-feminism, and right-wing anti-capitalists, ecologists, bioregionalists, and small-is-beautiful types.

---

Mind you, both are white supremacists.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 02:45:14 am by HonestJohn »