Author Topic: Trump immigration speech: A president was born on Wednesday  (Read 1038 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Trump immigration speech: A president was born on Wednesday
« on: September 02, 2016, 12:05:39 pm »
Trump immigration speech: A president was born on Wednesday
Fox News, Sep 1, 2016, Wayne Allyn Root 

America, we were introduced to our next president on Wednesday night. He’s not a politician. He is one of a kind. He is an American. Welcome President Donald J. Trump.

I’m a cynical Jewish Ivy Leaguer from New York. Nothing gets me too excited. I don’t believe politicians. Nor do I believe in politicians. I don’t fall for theatrical political productions. I don’t believe rhetoric or propaganda. And I’ve never teared up over a political speech in my life.

Until now. . .

Wednesday night I found myself fist-pumping. I found myself chanting along with the crowd “USA, USA, USA.” And as the procession of mothers and fathers came up to the podium to state the name of their child -- who was murdered by illegal immigrants -- and then say “I’m voting for Trump” or “Trump is our last chance to save America” I found myself tearing up. And the amazing thing is… I couldn't stop. The tears rolled down my face.

This speech in Arizona was the game-changer.

Not just the speech, but the entire day. Trump accepted the invitation to meet with the President of Mexico. He showed he’s a man of action by flying to Mexico on a moment’s notice. Trump stood next to Mexico's president -- looking to all the world like President Donald J. Trump. Trump stated his case and never gave an inch to the president of Mexico. Trump turned a vision -- that was mocked and ripped to shreds for a year now -- into a reality. Who now believes that if Trump is elected a wall won’t be built?

As a conservative, I’ve waited a lifetime for this speech. Why? Because it was a speech that didn’t back down by even one inch. It was a speech aimed at Americans, for Americans, delivered by a proud American, who values American exceptionalism.

It was a speech that restores law and order.

A speech that always put American citizens, workers and taxpayers first.

A speech that recognized the right to safety and security for American citizens.

A speech that recognizes that a foreigner here illegally does not have the same rights as an American-born citizen.

A speech that pointed out that foreigners here illegally should not be treated better than our veterans.

A speech that recognizes that a foreigner here illegally does not have the same rights as an American-born citizen.

A speech that pointed out that foreigners here illegally should not be treated better than our veterans.

A speech that recognized that American citizens have every right to choose who comes into our country. And that we should proudly choose immigrants with skills, self-sufficiency and a respect for our common values.

It was a speech that recognized that illegal immigrants do not qualify for welfare, food stamps and other entitlements -- and our government has a right, for the first time ever, to prioritize the deportation of illegal foreigners for abusing the welfare system.

It was a speech that recognized that foreigners in American prisons for violent crimes and felonies should and will be deported immediately -- and that no country can refuse to take them back.

It was a speech that recognized our right to practice “extreme vetting” on anyone who wants to come into America -- and that we can choose to exclude those who don’t share or respect our values, customs, laws and Constitution. Some people just won’t be allowed in. (At this point, I jumped up from my chair and screamed “YES!”)

It was also a speech that recognized that the federal government must shut off all funding to Sanctuary cities. After all that's our taxpayer money being given to political leaders who are choosing to break the law. FINALLY, an adult has decided to just say "NO."

And then there’s the wall… that great, big, beautiful Trumpian wall. I’ve waited a lifetime to hear that we have a right to build a wall, to protect and secure our borders and keep the bad guys out.

Trump covered it all on Wednesday night. He never backed down to pressure from the corrupt mainstream media, billionaire titans, Wall Street moguls, Silicon Valley tech gurus, lawyers, lobbyists, liberals, the GOP establishment, Ivy League know-it-all intellectuals. He gave no quarter to any of them. He changed nothing to appeal to them.

I could feel their mouths dropping open in disbelief.

Trump is our last chance to save America. To restore law and order. To protect my four beautiful children. To save our economy. To rescue our middle class. We have only one choice. We have only one chance.

Look at yourself in the mirror. If you’re American-born…if you’re a taxpayer…if you’re a parent…if you love America…if you agree this is the greatest country in world history….if you believe we are blessed by God…if you’re horrified at the prospect of bringing hundreds of thousands of Syrian refugees into this country at a cost of $400 billion…if you’re scared to death about our soon-to-be-$20 trillion national debt…if you don’t want your child to become just another murder statistic…if any of those descriptions fits you and Trump’s speech didn’t move you…

You suffer from a mental disease called liberalism.

If everything Trump promised and everything I’ve just said doesn’t impress you, then just think of Trump as our TREXIT. Trump is a blunt force, all-American, laser-guided middle finger to everything and everyone in Washington, D.C.

And that, my fellow Americans, sounds like the dream of a lifetime to me.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/09/01/trump-immigration-speech-president-was-born-on-wednesday.html

Offline WhatWouldReaganDo

Re: Trump immigration speech: A president was born on Wednesday
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2016, 12:25:17 pm »
Posted where us non-cultists can comment?

Praise Cheez-Its!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xxgRUyzgs0
Down the centuries, you have slurred the meaning of the words, "We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty, to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution". These words and the words that follow, were not written only for the Yangs, but for the Kohms as well! They must apply to everyone, or they mean nothing! - James Tiberius Kirk

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2016, 12:27:11 pm »
Of course, the facts are that, for several years now,  more Mexicans have been returning than are coming here.   Trump acted like a diplomat in Mexico City,  then came home and resumed waving the bloody shirt.    What we need is sound, pro-growth policy, not Trump's cynical exploitation of white fear of brown folks. 

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2016, 12:44:08 pm »
http://thehill.com/homenews/news/274575-poll-majority-of-republicans-support-path-to-citizenship

Poll: Majority of Republicans support path to citizenship

By Rafael Bernal - 03/29/16 01:49 PM EDT

Most moderate and liberal Republicans — and nearly half of the party’s conservative members — support a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants, according to a poll released Tuesday by the Public Religion Research Institute (PRRI).

In all, 52 percent of Republicans said they support a path to citizenship, while 30 percent support the identification and deportation of all illegal immigrants.

Democrats overwhelmingly support immigration reform, but the divide between liberals (78 percent in favor) and conservatives (63 percent) covers a much larger spread. Identification and deportation is not a popular position among Democrats — only 11 percent support the idea, including 17 percent of those who identify as conservative Democrats.

The survey measured the attitude of Americans toward immigrants and immigration reform, accounting for age, political tendency, religion, geography and ethnicity.

Americans in general expressed support for immigration reform (62 percent of respondents), with those under 30 (69 percent), African-Americans (69 percent) and Hispanics (67 percent) showing stronger approval for a path to citizenship.

Younger Republicans were also shown to have more liberal views on immigration than their older counterparts: 63 percent of Republicans under 30 support a path to citizenship, compared to only 47 percent over age 65.

PRRI underlined the association between attitudes toward immigrants' roles in American society and support for immigration reform.

Of Americans who believe the influence of immigrants overall is positive, 74 percent support allowing them to become citizens. Only 37 percent of those who believe immigrants threaten American culture support deportation, while 46 percent support a path to citizenship.

Pew Research estimates there were 11.3 million illegal immigrants in the United States as of 2014, down from a peak of 12.2 million in 2012.

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2016, 12:45:23 pm »
What we saw Wednesday night was the death knell of the Trump campaign.  He's lost blacks, he's now lost Hispanics and he's still in a ditch with women.

Can't win an election with just white guys.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2016, 12:48:52 pm »
Trump promises 'quite a bit of softening' on immigration

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/trump-will-soften-on-immigration-227636

The Republican nominee’s latest comment — to conservative talk radio host Laura Ingraham, no less — makes it even harder to pin down just where Trump is landing on the hot-button issue, and amplifies the pick-what-you-want-to-hear nature of his talk on immigration.

“You’re going to be asked this, so I might as well ask it,” Ingraham said to Trump during a radio interview. “The line last week [was] you were softening on immigration, then you come out with a very specific, very pro-enforcement plan last night. Where’s the softening?”

Passing on the chance to disavow the prior “softening” narrative, Trump insisted instead, "Oh, there’s softening. Look, we do it in a very humane way, and we’re going to see with the people that are in the country. Obviously I want to get the gang members out, the drug peddlers out, I want to get the drug dealers out. We’ve got a lot of people in this country that you can’t have, and those people we’ll get out."

"And then we’re going to make a decision at a later date once everything is stabilized," Trump continued. "I think you’re going to see there’s really quite a bit of softening."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5HkuhSEnPQ
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2016, 12:51:08 pm »
Posted where the backstabbers can comment?

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2016, 01:05:44 pm »
Posted where the backstabbers can comment?

@TomSea

You are more than welcome to lurk or post in the Election Section.  All that's asked of you is to stay on topic, be respectful of the Republican ticket and remember that this is an area where folks can learn about the Trump/Pence campaign without having to put on a pair of hip boots and wade through Animal House. 

I am confident you can do this, so come by often.   ^-^

Offline skeeter

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2016, 01:19:29 pm »
Of course, the facts are that, for several years now,  more Mexicans have been returning than are coming here.   Trump acted like a diplomat in Mexico City,  then came home and resumed waving the bloody shirt.    What we need is sound, pro-growth policy, not Trump's cynical exploitation of white fear of brown folks.

That is an unfair characterization of those who prefer a secure border and reasonable immigration policy that as much as possible takes every US citizen into consideration, not just those profiting from it.