Author Topic: Dallas Police Chief David Brown, Whose Leadership was Praised after Sniper Attack, RESIGNS  (Read 717 times)

Offline unknown

Dallas Police Chief David Brown, Whose Leadership was Praised after Sniper Attack, RESIGNS

http://politistick.com/dallas-police-chief-david-brown-whose-leadership-was-praised-after-sniper-attack-resigns/

September 1, 2016
Jennifer Burke

Before July 7, 2016, most Americans didn’t now who David Brown, the police chief in Dallas, was. His leadership after the sniper attack on Dallas police officers as they were providing protection for a Black Lives Matter even protesting them, made his name known by Americans around the country.

On Thursday, Chief Brown shocked not only the city of Dallas but also the rest of the country by announcing that he is retiring. This comes less than two months after that heinous attack by a Black Lives Matter supporter who wanted to kill as many white cops as possible. The sniper attack left five officers dead.

Brown, who has been on the force for 33 years, stated that his resignation is effective October 22. He did not give any detailed plans about his future plans in his statement, which you can read below.

After much prayer, I am announcing my retirement from the Dallas Police Department after 33 years as a Dallas police officer.  My retirement will be effective October 22, 2016.

Serving the citizens of Dallas in this noble profession has been both a true honor and a humbling experience.

Thank you to Mayors, City Managers and Dallas City Council members past and present for allowing me to serve. Thank you for the service you have provided for this great city.

Finally, I want to acknowledge my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for my life, health, and strength.  I pray for His continued blessings over my life.

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Congratulations, Chief Brown, on a long and distinguished career in service to the community.  You wisdom and sacrifice made things better, a noble aspiration and increasingly rare in these times. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline unknown

http://gov.texas.gov/news/press-release/22628

Governor Abbott Issues Statement On Retirement Of Dallas Police Chief David Brown

Thursday, September 01, 2016  •  Austin, Texas  •  Press Release

Governor Greg Abbott today issued a statement following Dallas Police Chief David Brown's announcement that he will be retiring after 33 years with the Dallas Police Department.

"Over the past three decades, Chief Brown has been dedicated to preserving the safety of others," said Governor Abbott. "At no time was his exemplary leadership more evident than in the aftermath of the heinous shooting of law enforcement officers this July in Dallas. Thanks to his unwavering commitment to protecting his community, Dallas has emerged even stronger, and on behalf of the entire State of Texas, Cecilia and I thank him for his service."

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)