Author Topic: 9th Circuit Says Medical Marijuana Cardholders Have No Second Amendment Rights  (Read 552 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Yesterday a federal appeals court ruled that banning gun sales to people who hold medical marijuana cards, whether or not they actually use marijuana, does not violate their Second Amendment rights. In reaching that conclusion, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit relied on antiquated, scientifically unsupportable assumptions about the violent tendencies of cannabis consumers.....

http://reason.com/blog/2016/09/01/9th-circuit-says-medical-marijuana-cardh

Offline goatprairie

With that kind of "logic" they could easily ban the rights of people who use alcohol. It's a well known fact that alcohol has probably caused far more violence than cannabis...so far. It is true that many violent offenders when tested (or autopsied) are found with cannabis in their systems.  But we're on that slippery slope once more.  The 9th Circus Court strikes again!!!

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
With that kind of "logic" they could easily ban the rights of people who use alcohol. It's a well known fact that alcohol has probably caused far more violence than cannabis...so far. It is true that many violent offenders when tested (or autopsied) are found with cannabis in their systems.  But we're on that slippery slope once more.  The 9th Circus Court strikes again!!!
It's 9th Circus Court logic, I believe they are the most reversed court in the country and for good reason. I bet it's not long before this ruling is reversed also.