Author Topic: You'll Never Guess Which Supreme Court Justices Don't Believe in Shakespeare  (Read 1457 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
For decades, the Supreme Court has been filled with justices who did not believe in William Shakespeare. Indeed, for only the past few months has the Supreme Court been free of anti-Shakespeare conspiracy theorists.

The highest court in the land apparently has a long history of harboring Shakespeare-denying jurists, a shadowy cabal of so-called "Oxfordians" who reject the idea that "Hamlet," "Macbeth," and "Romeo and Juliet" were written by William Shakespeare.

- See more at: http://blogs.findlaw.com/supreme_court/2016/09/youll-never-guess-which-supreme-court-justices-dont-believe-in-shakespeare.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+FindLawUSSC+%28FindLaw%27s+Supreme+Court+Blog%29#sthash.jPWacic7.dpuf

Offline the_doc

The case for the 17th Earl of Oxford (Edward de Vere) having been the real author of Will Shakespeare's plays is actually pretty interesting (at the very least) when you delve deeply into it.   (Most people who scoff at the Oxford Theory, including college English professors, apparently haven't bothered to delve into it.  The theory is considered heresy.)   

Of course, the Oxford Theory is nowhere near as strong as the case that Bill Ayers was the real author of Dreams From My Father.   (Most journalists who scoff at the Ayers-as-Ghostwriter Theory have never delved into it.  The theory is considered heresy--i.e., racist stuff.)

« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 11:00:20 pm by the_doc »

Offline the_doc

I'll side with Scalia, I think.  (I assume that Scalia was the last  Oxfordian on the SCOTUS bench.) 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I'll have to disagree with Scalia on this one.  Looney indeed!