Author Topic: Trump Vows to 'Stop Apologizing for America' in American Legion Address  (Read 822 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Newsmax
Trump Vows to 'Stop Apologizing for America' in American Legion Address
Thursday, September 1, 2016 10:50 AM

By: Cathy Burke

Donald Trump promised veterans his focus will be on "celebrating America" and ending "the era of nation-building" — contrasting his America-first world view at the American Legion convention Thursday with rival Hillary Clinton's message of global engagement.

"We will stop apologizing for America, and we will start celebrating America." Trump said in his address in Cincinnati.

"We will be united by our common culture, values and principles, becoming one American nation, one country under one Constitution saluting one American flag . . . The flag all of you helped to protect and preserve, that flag deserves respect, and I will work with the American legion to help to strengthen respect for our flag."

Trump also referenced his previous day visit to Mexico, where he met with President Enrique Pena Nieto.

"Should I have the honor of serving as president, we're also going to start facing the world with confidence again," he said. "We are going to uphold the laws of the nation and defend our sovereignty and security, and we are going to defend our border."

"We agreed in the meeting on the need to stop the illegal flow of guns, drugs, cash and people across the border and to take out the cartels," he said of the sit-down.

The GOP nominee zeroed in on Clinton for wanting "a 550 percent increase in refugees" from Syria, saying he proposes instead a "safe zone overseas and use the money saved to invest in America."

And he emphasized his foreign policy vision to "end the era of nation-building and create a new foreign policy joined by our partners in the Middle East that is focused on destroying ISIS and radical Islamic terrorism."

"It's time to create a new American future for you, your children, and all American children yet to come," Trump said, calling for that society to be "inclusive… one that offers hope and opportunity to every part of this country, including our inner cities."

"In this future, we will have an honest government that includes an honest State Department, not pay for play. [Clinton] probably didn't mention that to you yesterday," he added.

Trump also hit on themes he's focused on all during his campaign, including forging better trade deals.

"We will fight for every last American job, and we will have friendships with other countries, but they will not take advantage of us any longer," he said. "We're going to show ourselves and the world again what a strong and growing American economy can look like."

And he ticked off his previous plans to "rebuild our depleted military and pursue a state-of-the-art missile defense," "total reform of the Veterans Administration," and improved health care that will ensure "people are not going to die waiting on line to see a doctor."

In Clinton's address to the convention Wednesday, she attacked Trump for his rejection of the notion that the United States is "exceptional" among world nations.

Without naming him, Clinton also criticized his visit to Mexico, saying he was "trying to make up for a year of insults and insinuations by dropping in on on our neighbors for a few hours . . . That's not how it works."

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/Trump-Vows-Stop-Apologizing-American-Legion/2016/09/01/id/746248/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

Re: Trump Vows to 'Stop Apologizing for America' in American Legion Address
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2016, 07:18:38 pm »
Since Trump never apologizes for anything, this goes without saying.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

HonestJohn

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2016, 12:12:42 am »
America has been apologizing?

Can I get some links to that?

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2016, 12:29:03 am »
America has been apologizing?

Can I get some links to that?

The link is called Obama. You do recall his appology tour just after becoming president?

I'm not a Trump supporter, but I'm not going to critizes every thing he says and does, just because he's Trump. I for one am glad he now has a good speech writer and that he is staying on script. At least for this event. If he can keep this up, I don't know.  Thought it was going to take needle and thread to keep his pie hole shut.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

HonestJohn

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2016, 04:30:30 am »
The link is called Obama. You do recall his appology tour just after becoming president?

I'm not a Trump supporter, but I'm not going to critizes every thing he says and does, just because he's Trump. I for one am glad he now has a good speech writer and that he is staying on script. At least for this event. If he can keep this up, I don't know.  Thought it was going to take needle and thread to keep his pie hole shut.

That 'apology' tour was only called that by certain press outlets.  Because they wanted their readers to believe it.

Just look at Breitbart and you can see just how easy it is to manipulate the news.  That's been happening far too much over the last 24 years.  (or, at least, has been far too open in the last 24 years)