Author Topic: Chargers to Greet Colin Kaepernick with a ‘Salute to the Military’ on Thursday Night  (Read 690 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
by Daniel J. Flynn31 Aug 20161,089

Colin Kaepernick’s first time on the field since sitting for the national anthem comes in the NFL’s #1 military town on a night dubbed a “Salute to the Military.”

The optics promise a startling contrast if nothing else. As one African American in red, white, and gold sits during the song another, Petty Officer 1st Class Steven Powell, in dress whites sings it. A color guard representing the Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marines and 240 soldiers, sailors, airmen, and Marines holding a massive “super flag” on the field aid the visual aspect of the performance of “The Star Spangled Banner” at Quaalcom Stadium in San Diego.

So-called super flags generally take up the entirety of a football field. Their 300-feet-by-150-feet dimensions almost perfectly correspond to the size and shape of the gridiron. They weigh more than a half ton and cost north of $50,000.

more
http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2016/08/31/chargers-plan-to-greet-colin-kaepernick-with-a-salute-to-the-military-on-thursday-night/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline NavyCanDo

He chose to take a knee instead of sit, but still shameful and it turned out the SD crowd booed him loudly when he took the field. He's not the only NFL player showing solidarity with at least one other choosing to sit yesterday,  and that's what I am afraid of, that this will grow, and maybe touch other sports.   NFL Football in its purest form is paid entertainment. If they want to be political activist and lead BLM protest on their own time, have at it. But they should leave divisive political behavior and protest outside the stadium.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
He chose to take a knee instead of sit, but still shameful and it turned out the SD crowd booed him loudly when he took the field. He's not the only NFL player showing solidarity with at least one other choosing to sit yesterday,  and that's what I am afraid of, that this will grow, and maybe touch other sports.   NFL Football in its purest form is paid entertainment. If they want to be political activist and lead BLM protest on their own time, have at it. But they should leave divisive political behavior and protest outside the stadium.
Gosh if America is so bad for him and other African Americans, that really pisses me off that there are so many people that feel the need to be hyphenated Americans, they should all leave and go to a country that affords them better treatment and earnings. I remember once my sister asking my Dad if he was ever going to go back to Hungary for a visit, his answer "Why, it's not my country anymore, I am an American now." He was happy to just be an American, not a Hungarian American, and while he still had love for his heritage he embraced his new home 100%.