Author Topic: U.S. offers $3 million reward for man it gave anti-terror training  (Read 369 times)

Offline unknown

U.S. offers $3 million reward for man it gave anti-terror training

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-crisis-usa-tajikistan-idUSKCN115281

Arshad Mohammed
Aug 30, 2016

The United States on Tuesday offered a reward of up to $3 million for information about a former Tajik special operations colonel whom it trained in counter-terrorism before he joined the Islamic State militant group.

The U.S. State Department announced the reward for Gulmurod Khalimov in a statement that made no mention of his training, which included attending five U.S.-funded courses in the United States and Tajikistan between 2003 and 2014, said a U.S. State Department official who spoke on condition of anonymity.

The statement described Khalimov as "a key leader" of the Islamic State militant group, also known as ISIL and ISIS, that has seized parts of Syria and Iran and staged or inspired attacks around the world.

The official declined to say exactly how many courses Khalimov attended in the United States and where they took place or to shed further light on his evolution from a counter-terrorism commander to an Islamic State leader.

The training was provided under the State Department's anti-terrorism assistance program, the official said.

{.. snip ..}

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)