Author Topic: Mark Levin takes a shot at Free Republic  (Read 17071 times)

Wingnut

Re: Mark Levin takes a shot at Free Republic
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2016, 05:35:29 pm »
No way there'd be a "the" in there.
It would be: 

Hello, My Name is Peggy.  When is next Caucus Poll, Please. :smokin:
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 05:37:23 pm by Wingnut »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2016, 05:45:12 pm »
Wow.  I listened to Levin yesterday and heard something entirely different.  I guess if you're already super-defensive over your chosen candidate, you might mishear things.

Offline BuckeyeTexan

« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2016, 05:47:43 pm »
Some months ago I saw a Freeper calling Thomas Sowell a "Democrat uncle Tom" for telling the truth about Trump.

I've seen that also. It, too, is disgusting.
There are those that break and bend. I'm the other kind. ~Steve Earle

Offline Crazieman

« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2016, 05:49:34 pm »
Wow.  I listened to Levin yesterday and heard something entirely different.  I guess if you're already super-defensive over your chosen candidate, you might mishear things.

TOSsers are hating on Rush even though he's gone full Trumpster because he was late to the game.  They're a fickle bunch.
Mixed-race Mutt.
Your racist accusations are invalid.

Start thinking Constitutionally and stop thinking in groups.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2016, 05:50:25 pm »
I've seen that also. It, too, is disgusting.

They're just like liberals.

They love blacks and gays as long as they stay on the plantation.

Offline kartographer

« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2016, 06:49:43 pm »
Heretics!  Put them in front of a firing squad!

Don't laugh, musiclady.   I'm getting a growing feeling from around the internet.....that the mob-rule that Trump seems to encourage might someday lead to something similar.  Right now it's just "symbolic" execution.  But many of them would if they could....lol.

If you ever wondered how an educated, studious, hard working and family oriented people like the Germans allowed the Nazi to get into power, you are getting a firsthand look.
Charley Waite: "Well you may not know this, but there's things that gnaw at a man worse than dying."

Offline jedidah

« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2016, 07:14:27 pm »

JR still loves Levin:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3464746/posts

Mark Levin aka "The Great One" has always been a conservative and friend of Free Republic
August 31, 2016 | Jim Robinson

Posted on 08/31/2016 11:52:34 AM PDT by Jim Robinson

Mark Levin aka "The Great One" has always been a great constitutional conservative and great friend of Free Republic. Doesn't post much anymore but has had an account here (holdonnow) from nearly the beginning. He stood up for FR when his good friend Hannity was running us down. Also when . . . .

Offline musiclady

« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2016, 07:14:55 pm »
If you ever wondered how an educated, studious, hard working and family oriented people like the Germans allowed the Nazi to get into power, you are getting a firsthand look.

No argument with that.  I've been stunned by what we've been seeing in the last year.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2016, 07:23:33 pm »

HonestJohn

« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2016, 07:36:17 pm »
This is why I don't see FR surviving as a conservative forum. They literally hate conservatives right now.

They've been the Westboro Baptist Church of conservative internet forums since 2012.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #60 on: August 31, 2016, 07:40:27 pm »
I hope they’re happy if Clinton wins and they’re kicked off the air when she quickly restores the Fairness Doctrine.

4 posted on 8/31/2016, 8:51:29 AM by miss marmelstein (Richard the Third: With my own people alone I should like to drive away the Muslims)

Two way street, sister.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #61 on: August 31, 2016, 07:41:40 pm »
They've been the Westboro Baptist Church of conservative internet forums since 2012.

Two words. Mitt Romney.

Thats the point that most threw years of conservatism down the toilet because Jim Robinson reversed several years of his own front page to support him. the moment Robinson came out of the closet, the sheep stampeded and havent let up since. They were at last free to be the liberals, openly, that they always were.

Which is why the few conservatives remaining left. Some sooner than others. But we left.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #62 on: August 31, 2016, 07:42:05 pm »
Unfortunately, I think you are right. I had ever been curious about that, and talked with a lady who had lived there as the whole thing evolved over there. Many of the people looked the other way and refused to see the nasty bits, others embraced it, and then it was too late to disagree. Next thing she knew she was on an 88mm anti-aircraft gun crew in Berlin as a High School girl.
--Which is partly why some of us are so vehement in opposing it all.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2016, 07:43:37 pm »

Yeah, that's when it first started, and it just went off the rails now.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #64 on: August 31, 2016, 07:45:19 pm »
Unfortunately, I think you are right. I had ever been curious about that, and talked with a lady who had lived there as the whole thing evolved over there. Many of the people looked the other way and refused to see the nasty bits, others embraced it, and then it was too late to disagree. Next thing she knew she was on an 88mm anti-aircraft gun crew in Berlin as a High School girl.
--Which is partly why some of us are so vehement in opposing it all.

One of the better documentaries I've seen about how it happened.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KG74s4DnRw

A lot of them knew something very wrong was happening but it wasn't happening to them so they looked the other way.

HonestJohn

« Reply #65 on: August 31, 2016, 07:47:49 pm »
Two words. Mitt Romney.

Thats the point that most threw years of conservatism down the toilet because Jim Robinson reversed several years of his own front page to support him. the moment Robinson came out of the closet, the sheep stampeded and havent let up since. They were at last free to be the liberals, openly, that they always were.

Which is why the few conservatives remaining left. Some sooner than others. But we left.

Their rabid anti-Mormon stance was the crack that let the rest of the hate in. 

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #66 on: August 31, 2016, 07:49:11 pm »
Yep, I remember that well.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #67 on: August 31, 2016, 07:51:12 pm »

It's what drove me away and I have never really returned.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #68 on: August 31, 2016, 07:54:49 pm »

There was some of that yes. However the excusing any level of liberalism was always there. Robinson and most of his disciples never failed to vote for the GOP regardless of how liberal said GOP pol was. House, Senate or President.

What there was, was a group of moderates at best that talked and talked about conservative this and partiotic that. But come election day, the ONLY day anything really matters in politics, they lined up with whatever liberal the GOP offered and as a result, they moved the conservative 'movement' left one vote at a time.

Moderates, by definition are unprincipled. Then there was the outright liberal plants besides egging them on. You see that here as well, though they are currently few. But loud.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 07:56:20 pm by Norm Lenhart »

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #69 on: August 31, 2016, 07:54:56 pm »

Oh please......8th grade girls don't use that much hyperbole.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #70 on: August 31, 2016, 07:55:12 pm »

That one poster (Coloradan ?) was a wellspring of it.

I got curious about where that rabbit hole led and questioned him one day and found that he hated anyone who wasn't a white protestant. At the bottom of the hole I found that he hated our nation's founders for being too stupid to create a white protestant theocracy.

Offline Crazieman

« Reply #71 on: August 31, 2016, 07:57:14 pm »
That one poster (Coloradan ?) was a wellspring of it.

I got curious about where that rabbit hole led and questioned him one day and found that he hated anyone who wasn't a white protestant. At the bottom of the hole I found that he hated our nation's founders for being too stupid to create a white protestant theocracy.
Colofornian I believe
Mixed-race Mutt.

Offline Crazieman

« Reply #72 on: August 31, 2016, 07:58:11 pm »
There was some of that yes. However the excusing any level of liberalism was always there. Robinson and most of his disciples never failed to vote for the GOP regardless of how liberal said GOP pol was. House, Senate or President.

What there was, was a group of moderates at best that talked and talked about conservative this and partiotic that. But come election day, the ONLY day anything really matters in politics, they lined up with whatever liberal the GOP offered and as a result, they moved the conservative 'movement' left one vote at a time.

Moderates, by definition are unprincipled. Then there was the outright liberal plants besides egging them on. You see that here as well, though they are currently few. But loud.

Still hated for not voting Willard. Proud of it though.
Mixed-race Mutt.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #73 on: August 31, 2016, 07:58:50 pm »
Still hated for not voting Willard. Proud of it though.

Badge of honor.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #74 on: August 31, 2016, 07:59:36 pm »

Yeah, I can agree with that.  I don't have a big thing about protecting Mormons or anything, but exhibition of that kind of mindless disdain is usually indicative of other, deeper character issues.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: