Author Topic: Rubio wins Florida GOP Senate primary  (Read 673 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Rubio wins Florida GOP Senate primary
« on: August 31, 2016, 03:07:23 am »
Senator Marco Rubio will win the Florida GOP Senate primary, CNN projected Tuesday night.

The races of a pair of other incumbent lawmakers facing primaries -- GOP Sen. John McCain and Democrat Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz -- have yet to be projected, the network said....

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/217165

Offline ArneFufkin

Re: Rubio wins Florida GOP Senate primary
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 03:53:37 am »
I'm glad to see Marco win.  After Walker and Perry, he was my leading choice to take on Hillary this Fall.

He must shake his head watching Trump essentially appropriate his immigration position - for which he was viciously vilified by Trump and his alt-Right goon supporters at places like FR and Breitbart during the Primary.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 03:58:30 am »
This can't be! He said he was going into the private sector and get a real job. Politicians never lie so I am dubious about this story.

geronl

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 05:01:55 am »
Marco hated that job, now he wants it back.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2016, 02:23:50 pm »
This can't be! He said he was going into the private sector and get a real job. Politicians never lie so I am dubious about this story.

Granted Rubio's opponents were far, far worse than he (on the surface), however, I think he was offered some sort of deal.  Two very conservative candidates who had vacated their seats in the House were competing for his seat and when Marco decided to run again, they stopped their campaigns immediately.  Another example of a huge push to end conservatism.  I say this because I find it odd that Rubio lost big in the primaries, dropped out and hopped back in eliminating the conservatives.

No.  Still don't trust Marco at all.  The real contest remains to be seen.  Will he win against the DEMS?  My hunch is he's going to lose.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2016, 02:40:43 pm »
Honestly, when you look at how Trump's views on illegal immigration has slowly "evolved", I see very little difference between his stance and Rubio's.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 02:41:27 pm by SirLinksALot »