Author Topic: Philly cabinetmaker: We went broke after Trump stiffed us  (Read 1656 times)

geronl

Philly cabinetmaker: We went broke after Trump stiffed us
« on: August 31, 2016, 01:08:09 am »
He's been called a lot of things. Fraud. Billionaire. Fake Billionaire. Presumptive Nominee. Presumptuous. Short-Fingered Vulgarian. Misogynist. Racist. Possible 45th President.

Now, add a new word to the Donald Trump lexicon: Deadbeat.

USA Today has collected the stories and the evidence behind hundreds of people who did work for Trump as he built up his real-estate portfolio over the years -- and who didn't get paid. Probably the most gut-wrenching tale comes from right here in Philadelphia: A family of cabinetmakers who said Trump's dishonesty put them out of business.
excerpt

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/attytood/Philly-cabinetmaker-We-went-broke-after-Trump-stiffed-us.html

There are hundreds, maybe thousands of people like these.

Offline beandog

Re: Philly cabinetmaker: We went broke after Trump stiffed us
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 02:06:59 am »
The tRumplets won't care.  They'll just say it was their fault for doing "inferior" work.  The Donald is a "genius" businessman don't you know that.

I actually heard a tRumplet on the radio today say she didn't care about the Donald's tax return because he wasn't a politican he was a businessman so it didn't matter to her how he made his money or if he paid his taxes properly.  It made know sense but that's tRumplets for you.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 05:09:56 am »
I can't wait to watch the throngs of folks who will line up to piss on Donny's grave after he has a massive heart attack on his gold toilet.

geronl

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 05:12:44 am »
I can't wait to watch the throngs of folks who will line up to piss on Donny's grave after he has a massive heart attack on his gold toilet.

I don't wish death on people, although I might be in that line should it occur, so I'll just say I hope he lives long enough to sell off his deeply indebted companies one by one in order to keep his taco bowls coming. Especially the plane and helicopter, let him hoof it to check on the renters of his last slum property.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2016, 06:36:18 am »
"My entire life, I've watched politicians bragging about how poor they are, how they came from nothing, how poor their parents and grandparents were. And I said to myself, if they can stay so poor for so many generations, maybe this isn't the kind of person we want to be electing to higher office. How smart can they be? They're morons."

-Trump

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2016, 08:14:23 am »
I'll be singing

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dkq7WZTzkLQ

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2016, 09:13:39 am »
The tRumplets won't care.  They'll just say it was their fault for doing "inferior" work.  The Donald is a "genius" businessman don't you know that.

I have heard that argument made as well - “it has to be the contractor’s fault for not doing a good job” and also the claim that, “all contractors/developers do this, it’s called negotiation” and “all subcontractors file mechanics liens against the contractor over final payment -  that’s just SOP”.

I once worked in the construction administration department of a commercial architectural firm and over the years for several commercial general contractors and subcontractors.

At the architectural firm, part of my job was helping the architect in charge to review approve the general contractor’s payment submissions on behalf of the owner and for the contractors and subs, to prepare and submit them, all using the standard AIA form and payments were based on % complete on the contract less retainage and previous payments.

http://www.contractorform.net/images/AIA_G702_Application_for_Payment_Print_Preview.jpg

If a payment submission was kicked back, it typically had to do with a disagreement on how much of the contract worked had been completed to date and on final payment, yes if the final punch list was not complete and accepted, or the contractor or sub’s final payment submission included “extras”, i.e. change orders that had not been approved, or the contractor did not include a release of lien along with the last payment application, final payment might be delayed. But it was usually worked out without resorting to not making the final payment at all or the contractor not being paid for the contract in full or for the contractor or sub having to execute liens.

I actually heard a tRumplet on the radio today say she didn't care about the Donald's tax return because he wasn't a politican he was a businessman so it didn't matter to her how he made his money or if he paid his taxes properly.  It made know sense but that's tRumplets for you.

Cognitive dissonance.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2016, 11:27:31 am »

It's entirely possible that by comparison, Trump's business dealings will make politicians look honest.

If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2016, 11:30:59 am »
I'll be singing

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dkq7WZTzkLQ

Still one of my favorite musicals.  I have the DVD and play it every Christmas while we put up the tree.

If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.