Author Topic: McCain braces for squeaker in today's primary  (Read 5753 times)

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: McCain braces for squeaker in today's primary
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2016, 01:02:53 pm »
As much as can't stand RINO's like McCain there is a sliver lining in this. 

That lining being the appearance that Trump will be a less drag on congressional races than expected.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

geronl

« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2016, 01:05:25 pm »
Trumpbarts "unskewed" poll... should have been left skewed.... or stewed.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2016, 01:47:30 pm »
I know you are a long term poster here, so I re-read your post a couple of times trying to understand what you are saying and to make some sense of it?

I understand that you do not like McCain. I get that. I don't like McCain either. So we have that in common.

I understand that you do not like that Trump endorsed McCain. I get that. I don't like that Trump endorsed him either. In fact, Trump's endorsement of McCain was confusing to a lot of people, not just us. Trump may have done it because of what I wrote. Because he knows McCain will suck up to whomever wins so it will be one less thing for him to deal with. I don't know.

Then you go into a ridicule rant about what I wrote, which surprised me. I thought my post was fairly clear and innocuous, but whatever. You will always make someone mad no matter what you write and no matter what position you take. So...ok.

McCain's Mom was alive during the 2008 campaign.

Ok? So McCain may survive to live out his term. I get it.

OH!  now I understand why Trump good...establishment good.  Thanx.

I'm lost here. I don't know what you are talking about. I do get that it is meant as an insult, but I'm not sure where it came from. So many people on this site have posted that I "worship" Trump just because I have posted multiple times that I think he is close to Jesus. I need to stop that. I thought people would easily see that I was only doing that as satire, a kind of joke. But everyone is wound up so tight that they obviously cannot see that I am only joking with half the things I post. To me, this site is supposed to be serious issues mixed with fun. Some people cannot or will not see it that way.

I will vote Trump, as will hundreds of millions of other people. That is far from "worshipping" him. But, whatever.

So Trump endorses McCain=good government.  McCain and Hitlery win=no big deal.  Gosh I am so freaking happy McCain won now.  THANX Brilliant political annalist 240B.  I was so confused before I started drinking the hard stuff.  I bet I wake up to sunshine and roses.

This is so far off what I actually wrote that I cannot comment on it. I get your overall point is that you do not like me, and that is fair. But what you wrote here is gibberish. I don't see how any reasonable person could draw those conclusions from what I wrote.

Again, like I say to so many #NeverTrump people. We believe in the same things. We have the same goals. We only differ in how to further these goals. I believe in playing the hand I am dealt. Others want to fold. Everyone has to make their own choices.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2016, 06:45:50 pm »
Where did he say it was to 'demonstrate an effort to correct his misguided, impulsive spout'?  Citation please.   

It's my opinion.   What?   I can't even opine now?

For the record, his exact words were: "And while I'm at it, I hold in the highest esteem Sen. John McCain for his service to our country in uniform and in public office, and I fully support and endorse his re-election," so he didn't say he was correcting a misguided, impulsive spout. He said he held him in highest esteem and he fully supports his reelection.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/05/politics/donald-trump-endorse-paul-ryan/index.html

:whistle:

WTF is your problem?   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2016, 07:19:14 pm »
I know you are a long term poster here, so I re-read your post a couple of times trying to understand what you are saying and to make some sense of it?
First off I do not dislike you 240B.  I admire your tenacity to come on this forum and express your views when you are out numbered on the issue of Trump.  I also think you have a pretty good sense of humor and it does show through in your posts.

I was trying, like Rush, to illustrated the absurd with absurdity...and healthy amounts of whiskey.  In re-reading my post I can see I failed, and it is understandable that my points were not clear.

We agree we can't count on McCain to die his way out of office.  You believe McCain will kiss Trumps ass.  I disagree.  McCain holds grudges.  Even when JD Hayworth was losing by 20 points in the primaries McCain ran ad after ad pounding him because JD had said things McCain objected to.  When Dubya beat McCain in 2000 McCain rammed Campaign Finance Reform down Dubya's throat even though Dubya vowed to never sign it.  I don't think you understand how dangerous Senator McCain would be to a President Trump...although I do agree McCain and Clinton will work together to pass really bad legislation.

It was the off hand remark that if Hitlery wins "Congress and McCain both will be meaningless, so it won't matter anyway," that riled me up...as I see it President Hitlery is not a possibility, but a near certainty.  And though it certainly appears I am angry at you about that...I'm not really...I'm angry at the world and my impotence to stop America from making a devastating mistake.  Unfortunately that is all they are getting to vote for, IMO.