Author Topic: McCain braces for squeaker in today's primary  (Read 5754 times)

Offline corbe

Re: McCain braces for squeaker in today's primary
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2016, 04:08:23 am »
  Wacko Birds Everywhere are in mourning tonight.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2016, 04:08:29 am »
Mad Props to Donny Trump for endorsing the next Senator from AZ.  He's really fixing a corrupt and broken Washington. 888high58888

Trump really did help the pro-amnesty, open-borders, establishment crowd today didn't he?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2016, 04:14:51 am »
If McCain wins his primary, then like Theordore Sturgeon said....."90% of everything is SHIT!"

Including Arizonian voters.

Trump endorsed McCain.

Just sayin...
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2016, 04:38:59 am »
Trump really did help the pro-amnesty, open-borders, establishment crowd today didn't he?
Trump endorsed a guy who was going to win already.  That's what establishment politicians do.  It's very puzzling why the AZ GOP loves McCain as much as they do.  Trump is going there tomorrow to muddy up his already flip-floppy immigration stance.  I figure you don't go to AZ to embrace amnesty, but anything is possible with Trump.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2016, 04:52:40 am »
Nothing positive about this. However, two quick notes.

McCain is 80 years old. It is very unlikely he will live through another full term. Like almost all Democrats, he will die in office, clinging to his desk until they pry it from his cold dead hands, you know, just like the founding fathers intended.

Also, McCain is the definition of a spineless bootlicker. He cares only about himself above all other things. Therefore he runs to kiss the ass of anyone who has power. He does not care the least little bit who that may be.

If Hillary wins, he will LOVE Hillary.
If Trump wins, he will LOVE Trump.

He personally does not care one way or the other as long as he continues to ride the gravy train and gets what he can from whomever wins.

The point is that if Trump wins, this jerkoff will give Trump no resistance because he never give anyone any resistance. That is his thing. He just slides along, gathering money from anywhere or anyone he can along the way. Democrat or Republican is nothing to him. He makes his living by making no waves at all about anything. McCain will be one less thing Donny has to deal with. So, at least there is that.

If Hillary wins, there will no longer be a government in the way that we understand government. Congress and McCain both will be meaningless, so it won't matter anyway.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 04:55:09 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2016, 05:34:02 am »
McCain should have retired 8 years ago.  But they never do, do they?
Back when one of North Dakota's Senators was significantly older, a friend noted that he was on a flight with her and out. of. it. to the point of appearing to be non compos mentis. The staffers propped him up for his last run, the ads were file tape, and he won, again. He died before the end of his term, the third longest serving Senator in the history of the Senate.

The staffers run the office, and will wheel him around until he reaches room temperature if the voters keep voting for him.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2016, 05:40:12 am »

Another example of the far right, overestimating their true strength.  Appeal is narrow, but loud.

It is always "this time, McCain goes down."

It is much in common with the #nevertrump fantasy world.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2016, 05:41:52 am »
Back when one of North Dakota's Senators was significantly older, a friend noted that he was on a flight with her and out. of. it. to the point of appearing to be non compos mentis. The staffers propped him up for his last run, the ads were file tape, and he won, again. He died before the end of his term, the third longest serving Senator in the history of the Senate.

The staffers run the office, and will wheel him around until he reaches room temperature if the voters keep voting for him.
Strom?

geronl

« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2016, 05:42:27 am »
Another example of the far right, overestimating their true strength.  Appeal is narrow, but loud.

Exactly, The Trump-Establishment Liberal Coalition is very strong and we ordinary conservatives are powerless.

In other words, if Trump loses in November, it can't be caused by #NeverTrump. We conservatives have no such power.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2016, 05:47:07 am »

Is that a fact? Then how come Donny is doing worse than Romney on any measure that can be made?

Raising no money
Behind in the polls consistently....even worse in swing states
Flip flopping on key issues
Generally hated by the general public
Has bad hair

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2016, 05:53:32 am »
Strom?

Nope, this fellow (Strom was the longest serving Senator): Quentin Burdick

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2016, 06:02:44 am »
http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/08/29/exclusive-breitbartgravis-arizona-poll-shows-razor-thin-margin-between-john-mccain-kelli-ward-heading-into-election/

Dr. Kelli Ward may end up pulling off a surprise victory against longtime incumbent Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) on Tuesday, as new polling from Breitbart News Network and Gravis Marketing shows a razor thin lead for McCain.

Ward, a former state senator who stepped down from that post to focus on the U.S. Senate race, trails McCain with Arizona Republicans by just four points heading into election day. Ward gets 33 percent in the latest Breitbart/Gravis poll compared to McCain’s 37 percent. Twenty-three percent of the likely GOP primary voters are undecided walking into election day.

The Senate GOP primary poll was conducted on August 27, and included 780 likely GOP primary voters. This particular part of the survey on just likely GOP Senate primary voters—other parts focused on the general election and various issues and sentiment in the state—has a margin of error of 3.4 percent. The other parts of the survey will be released soon.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2016, 06:04:44 am »
Trumpbart really nailed this one out of the park. Good job guys.

With 2/3rds of the votes counted:

McLame 53%

Ward     37%

http://results.azcentral.com/

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2016, 07:30:42 am »
Um, David, you do know Trump endorsed McCain, right?
http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/05/politics/donald-trump-endorse-paul-ryan/index.html

Truthfully, no I didn't.  But, I don't care.

Told you...to me, Trump is merely the vehicle to take us to safety.   McCain needed to lose to send a clear message to the 'Establishment' that they're not safe and are going to pay for allowing all this shit to happen since 2009 without a single meaningful opposing gesture.

I hate them all.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2016, 07:32:53 am »
Exactly, The Trump-Establishment Liberal Coalition is very strong and we ordinary conservatives are powerless.

In other words, if Trump loses in November, it can't be caused by #NeverTrump. We conservatives have no such power.

You are so wrong ....on SOOOO many levels.

And, you're not worth the effort. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2016, 07:35:26 am »
Trump endorsed a guy who was going to win already.  That's what establishment politicians do.  It's very puzzling why the AZ GOP loves McCain as much as they do.  Trump is going there tomorrow to muddy up his already flip-floppy immigration stance.  I figure you don't go to AZ to embrace amnesty, but anything is possible with Trump.

Trump 'endorsed' McCain to demonstrate an effort to correct his misguided, impulsive spout about "I prefer heroes who weren't captured". 

He doesn't...nor should he...give a crap about McCain.

« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2016, 07:47:41 am »
McCain is 80 years old. It is very unlikely he will live through another full term. Like almost all Democrats, he will die in office, clinging to his desk until they pry it from his cold dead hands, you know, just like the founding fathers intended.

McCain's Mom was alive during the 2008 campaign.

Also, McCain is the definition of a spineless bootlicker. He cares only about himself above all other things. Therefore he runs to kiss the ass of anyone who has power. He does not care the least little bit who that may be.

If Hillary wins, he will LOVE Hillary.
If Trump wins, he will LOVE Trump.

OH!  now I understand why Trump good...establishment good.  Thanx.

He personally does not care one way or the other as long as he continues to ride the gravy train and gets what he can from whomever wins.

The point is that if Trump wins, this jerkoff will give Trump no resistance because he never give anyone any resistance. That is his thing. He just slides along, gathering money from anywhere or anyone he can along the way. Democrat or Republican is nothing to him. He makes his living by making no waves at all about anything. McCain will be one less thing Donny has to deal with. So, at least there is that.

If Hillary wins, there will no longer be a government in the way that we understand government. Congress and McCain both will be meaningless, so it won't matter anyway.

So Trump endorses McCain=good government.  McCain and Hitlery win=no big deal.  Gosh I am so freaking happy McCain won now.  THANX Brilliant political annalist 240B.  I was so confused before I started drinking the hard stuff.  I bet I wake up to sunshine and roses.

« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2016, 08:01:53 am »

Interesting logic, my friend.  McCain is unstoppable like Trump.  Wait..what? huh?
Let's try that from another angle The people who hate and want to stop establishment RINOs like McCain, are just like the the Trump haters...
No that is not it...

McCain salivates over Trump's testicles...
Now I'm way off.

Somehow McCain's primary victory emulates Trumps primary victory and damages the Establishment...I'm just too stupid to figure it out.

Help!

« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2016, 08:16:41 am »
so close.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2016, 08:38:27 am »
so close.

She missed it by "this" much.

:whistle:
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Online mountaineer

« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2016, 10:44:44 am »

Same with Robert C. Byrd (D-KKK). I attended an event where he spoke in 2000, and he clearly was not "all there." But he certainly was there in the Senate until they wheeled him out feet first, years later.  **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2016, 10:53:52 am »
Same with Robert C. Byrd (D-KKK). I attended an event where he spoke in 2000, and he clearly was not "all there." But he certainly was there in the Senate until they wheeled him out feet first, years later.  **nononono*
Old Democrats never die. They just get wheeled around until the bearings go out, and then change their voter registration address...

Byrd was a tough one, pickled as a Kennedy, but I think seeing that fellow get sworn in was too much...

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2016, 11:59:25 am »

Spoken like a true establishment RINO.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2016, 12:28:20 pm »
Spoken like a true establishment RINO.
Some say we're insignificant. Fine. If that's so, get off our butts about how we have said we'll vote. After all we're insignificant.

OTOH, there are some saying it will all be our fault if tRump loses.
If we're so insignificant, how could that be?

:huh?:

C S Lewis

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2016, 12:40:04 pm »
Trump 'endorsed' McCain to demonstrate an effort to correct his misguided, impulsive spout about "I prefer heroes who weren't captured". 

Where did he say it was to 'demonstrate an effort to correct his misguided, impulsive spout'?  Citation please.   

For the record, his exact words were: "And while I'm at it, I hold in the highest esteem Sen. John McCain for his service to our country in uniform and in public office, and I fully support and endorse his re-election," so he didn't say he was correcting a misguided, impulsive spout. He said he held him in highest esteem and he fully supports his reelection.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/05/politics/donald-trump-endorse-paul-ryan/index.html

So using Hannity's logic, the Trump camp owns McCain, everything he did and ever does is on him. Trump endosred the open-borders, pro-amnesty, establishment RINO and now it is on him.