Author Topic: Poll: Majority of GOP voters wish they chose another presidential nominee  (Read 436 times)

Offline sinkspur

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/293746-poll-majority-of-gop-voters-wish-they-chose-another

August 29, 2016, 09:27 pm

Poll: Majority of GOP voters wish they chose another presidential nominee

A majority of Republicans wish they had selected a different presidential nominee than Donald Trump, a new poll finds.

A new HuffPost/YouGov poll released Monday found that 54 percent of Republican and GOP-leaning voters believe Trump isn’t the best choice as the party’s nominee, while 35 percent are satisfied with the real estate mogul as the party's standard-bearer.
There’s a jump in dissatisfaction since the same poll in June, which at the time found that 44 percent believed Trump was the best option, while another 44 percent didn’t.

Trump was one of 17 Republican candidates running for president. When asked whom they’d like to win in a primary do-over, 29 percent of those selected Trump, 15 percent picked Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) and 14 percent chose Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.). Several other names received less than 10 percent each.

On the other side of aisle, 56 percent of Democratic and Democratic-leaning voters are content with Hillary Clinton as their party’s nominee, while 32 percent believe there is a better option. This is up by 3 percentage points since the same poll in June.

Forty-seven percent of those voters would still pick Clinton if the primary was held again, but Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) was close, at 42 percent. Former Maryland Gov. Martin O’Malley trailed far behind, at 3 percent.

The poll was conducted Aug. 24–25, and 1,000 adults completed interviews.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline LMAO

Without a united base, it's going to be impossible for Trump to win. Anything is possible, but the GOP candidate for president not only has to have to totality of the base behind them, they have to pull in a good number of independents to win.

Trumpers have this belief that they will attract Bernie voters to make up the difference. Good luck with that
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Axel

Without a united base, it's going to be impossible for Trump to win. Anything is possible, but the GOP candidate for president not only has to have to totality of the base behind them, they have to pull in a good number of independents to win.

Trumpers have this belief that they will attract Bernie voters to make up the difference. Good luck with that

Not I.

Obviously the base needs consolidated, but the same could be said about both parties. I'm sure a significant percentage of Dems would say the same about Hillary not being the best choice.

"The Gutter Rat's going to continue to trash Romney, and Romney's going to tell the country why he should be president.

And Romney is going to win" - Sinkspur's incredible insight into the 2012 election

Offline sinkspur

Not I.

Obviously the base needs consolidated, but the same could be said about both parties. I'm sure a significant percentage of Dems would say the same about Hillary not being the best choice.

Nope:

On the other side of aisle, 56 percent of Democratic and Democratic-leaning voters are content with Hillary Clinton as their party’s nominee, while 32 percent believe there is a better option.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

geronl

Polls show that 90% or more Dem voters will vote for Hillary
while Trump gets in the low 80's among GOP aligned voters

this includes those who hold their nose and vote