Author Topic: When Trump Apologists Lie For Him, It Does Matter  (Read 821 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
When Trump Apologists Lie For Him, It Does Matter
« on: August 30, 2016, 02:54:03 pm »
It was a wonderful weekend for the magical mystery Trump apology tour. Circle the wagons! Let’s redefine “amnesty.” Poor Ann Coulter wishes she were a character in Farenheit 451 so she could properly burn her new book.

Jonah Goldberg mused:

Perhaps the only silver lining in any of this is watching Ann Coulter grapple with this calamity. If Tom Wolfe had written a novel where the Coulter character was defenestrated like this on the night of her book party at Breitbart HQ, the editor would have said, “C’mon, Tom.”.....

http://theresurgent.com/when-trump-apologists-lie-for-him-it-does-matter/

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
Re: When Trump Apologists Lie For Him, It Does Matter
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 03:03:16 pm »
Good article.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 03:19:29 pm »
You might think that none of this will matter come November 9 because there won’t be a President Trump. But it will matter, because the GOP will have Christie, Jeff Sessions, and all the rest of the crowd who backed Trump and lied for him with soiled laundry hanging out for all to see. They want to blame those of us who have consistently told the truth to cover their own lies.

We in the #NeverTrump camp are not the ones having to pretzel ourselves into complete incoherent nonsense.

The proper response to those who have prostituted themselves in service to Trump is, once he is thoroughly defeated, to also drive them from office at the earliest opportunity.  Shame the talk show hosts by turning them off.  Don't buy the books of the shameless writers who have pimped Trumpism.

That is the proper response from the rest of us.  It won't happen, of course, but they should be reminded every day that the Hillary presidency is on their drooping shoulders because of their empty heads.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 05:00:24 pm »
The proper response to those who have prostituted themselves in service to Trump is, once he is thoroughly defeated, to also drive them from office at the earliest opportunity.  Shame the talk show hosts by turning them off.  Don't buy the books of the shameless writers who have pimped Trumpism.

That is the proper response from the rest of us.  It won't happen, of course, but they should be reminded every day that the Hillary presidency is on their drooping shoulders because of their empty heads.
If enough of us do it, it will happen. It is an individual decision. There is a long list of pretzel commentators, and authors, and politicians who have lost credibility with me, and who will be voted against in the future, where and when I can. I won't listen to them, I won't buy their books, I won't watch them on TV. The people who pushed this crap wanted a shakeup, and by golly, I'll do my part to give them one.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis