Author Topic: Gene Wilder, star of 'Willy Wonka', 'Young Frankenstein' and 'Blazing Saddles' dead at 83  (Read 1142 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: CNN

URL: http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/29/entertainment/gene-wilder-dead/index.html

Gene Wilder, who brought a wild-eyed desperation to a series of memorable and iconic comedy roles in the 1970s and 1980s, has died, his lawyer, Eric Weissmann, said.

He was 83.

Wilder is best known for his collaborations with director Mel Brooks, starring as the stressed-out Leo Bloom in Brooks' breakout 1967 film "The Producers" and later in the monster movie spoof "Young Frankenstein." He also portrayed a boozing gunslinger in "Blazing Saddles."

For many people, Wilder might be best remembered for "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory," playing the mysterious candy tycoon in the 1971 adaptation of Roald Dahl's book.
In a statement to CNN on Monday, Brooks called Wilder "one of the truly great talents of our time."

"He blessed every film we did with his magic and he blessed me with his friendship," Brooks wrote.

CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 10:00:36 pm by SirLinksALot »

geronl

I've noticed that the old stars are almost completely ignored by the entertainment media until they die.

Offline Frank Cannon

I guess my hope for Blazing Saddles II are now extinguished.

Wingnut

I guess my hope for Blazing Saddles II are now extinguished.

Well, let's play chess.

Offline uglybiker

I'll play just as soon as I finish my beans.

You want some?
nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-BATMAN!!!

Wingnut

I'll play just as soon as I finish my beans.

You want some?

I'd say you've had enough!