Author Topic: Second NFL player to sit out national anthem  (Read 518 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Second NFL player to sit out national anthem
« on: August 29, 2016, 08:56:37 pm »
August 29, 2016, 04:08 pm
Second NFL player to sit out national anthem

By Mark Hensch

A second NFL player says he plans to sit during the national anthem to protest police brutality against minorities.

“We’ve got an issue in this country in this day and age, and I feel like somebody needs to step up and we all need to step up,” Philadelphia Eagles rookie linebacker Myke Tavarres told ESPN Monday.

“We’ve got that right,” he added of San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick’s demonstration. "There’s just a lot going on people don’t want to talk about, and I feel like us as athletes, we’re looked at as role models.

“And I feel like with Colin Kaepernick, he’s doing a great job standing up for what he believes in, and most people may not like that, but that’s his opinion, he’s entitled to it, and I respect him for doing it.”

more
http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/293701-second-nfl-player-to-sit-out-national-anthem
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Second NFL player to sit out national anthem
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2016, 11:41:55 pm »
Rookie Linebacker; we are still in training camp. Not a smart move.

I heard more players might do it and the NFL really makes millions and millions. What a deal! Stadiums and all that, a lot of costs too.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2016, 11:50:14 pm »
I'm assuming the NFL pays into unemployment insurance. :pondering:

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 01:44:34 am »
Its an ugly distraction trying to ruin what could be a great season of Football, one we have waiting impatiently to begin.    But then if you look at the ESPN Power Rankings showing SF #32, and Phil #30 these two drama queens are trying to get noticed, somehow if even negatively.   
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn