Author Topic: "We Are At A Point Where The Encroachment Of Government Power Has Historically Resulted In Rebellion"  (Read 745 times)

Offline unknown

"We Are At A Point Where The Encroachment Of Government Power Has Historically Resulted In Rebellion"

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-08-28/we-are-point-where-encroachment-government-power-has-historically-resulted-rebellion

Tyler Durden
Aug 28, 2016 3:12 PM

Overnight, one of our favorite hedge fund commentators, (ex) IceFarm Capital's Michael Green, was gruesomely entertained by Ken Rogoff's WSJ Op-Ed, pushing for a ban on $20, $50 and $100 bills, to which he - just like us - has some less than kind words.

A    Whiskey Rebellion                                                                               
B    War of 1812                                                                               
C    Patriot War (vs Canada)                                                                           
D    Civil War                                                                                     
E    Indian Wars                                                                               
F    Spanish-American War                                                                           
G    World War II                                                                               
H    War on "Terror"               

{.. snip .. great chart and discussion on how this topic..}

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

geronl

big government Trump won't change that

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
In the next recession I'm very much expecting DC to have a very difficult time funding things at the level they are now. When the money cuts short, that's when the power vacuum will occur. What comes next is anyone's guys.

All I can say is - get active in your state politics and get your state in order, because that's where the mantle will fall when DC fails, and it will fail.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
big government Trump won't change that

Sad what passes for conservatism these days.

HonestJohn

There will be no rebellion.

For the only ones talking about it are the elderly.  Cut off the social security and medicare and the rebellion dies (quite literally).

And if the young ever do so, the elderly will lose their social security and medicare.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 12:44:47 am by HonestJohn »